Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What will be #3??

So, first my dad. He still isn't doing well. From what I understand, he's feeling better, but still isn't doing great. His white count is still up so that means there is infection somewhere. If the infection gets in his blood, that could be bad. My mom has been working on getting him home, but so far it's hard. They have to prove he'd do better at home with his doctors because insurance won't cover medi-vac if it's just for their convenience. Bill and Rusty are flying down to FL tomorrow so spend a few days with them and then drive the car back up. Either way my mom and dad will be able to fly home and not have to worry about the car. I just wish I was there, or could go there or be with them. It's driving me nuts that I'm stuck here and can't do anything. Even if they are able to get home later this week, my schedule, and Tim's, next week don't allow for much time to travel. I will find a way to make it work though.

Anyway, on to #2. Russ (Tim's mom's husband) called yesterday to tell us he had a lump removed from his lip and it turned out to be malignant. He has to have surgery again next week to make sure they got all the bad tissue. Then there is the possibility of chemo or other treatment.

I have been a basket case for the last week and a half with my dad and now it's gotten worse. All I can think about it who will be next. These things always come in threes. I'm afraid to let the kids play outside, I'm afraid that every phone call is going to be bad news. Who knows, it could be me.

All of this happening makes me want to quit smoking, get Tim to quit chewing, start eating healthier, etc. But even though it's in my head as the right thing to do, it's not in my heart. Especially quitting smoking. I want to grow old with my children and be there for them, and if I were to get sick I couldn't do that. But at the same time, I just don't know that I'm strong enough to do it. Especially now. Ugh!! Why does life have to suck sometimes??

On a lighter note, the weather has been amazing. We stopped by McDonalds today on the way home because it was late, ate quick and went outside for awhile before bedtime. The boys just want to play on the trampoline which of course makes me a nervous wreck. They did have fun though. Tim came home and spent some time with us out there as well. Now they are snuggled safely in their beds. I should probably be napping, but I slept enough today that I should be fine tonight.

I guess I don't have much else. Please keep our families in your thoughts and prayers!!!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Your dad has been in my prayers and will continue to be. I'm sorry he still has some sort of infection :( definately scary!

Wow, the malignent lip is definatey a home hitter for me too since Ry chews. I hope they got it all! Praying for him too.

You are strong enough to quit smoking - I know it!

Angie said...

Thanks Debbie! I want Tim to quit chewing now too. He thinks he's invincible though. I'll be praying for your dad as well and hoping it's nothing.

Dawn said...

Angie - I'm so sorry about your Dad and Russ. I am paranoid about the whole "bad things in 3's" bit too. Hopefully both gentlemen will recover fully very soon. I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Angie,
I'm thinking of you and your family. I will be praying for your dad and Russ. I wish there was something I could do to help. Please keep us updated on how they are doing. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
I know exactly what you mean about being able to quit smoking. I want to quit and eat healthier but its so much easier said than done. We just have to keep praying for the strength and we will do it someday.

Love,
Tiffany

Angie said...

Thanks Dawn and Tiffany!!

Tiffany, call me sometime. I still have the same cell number. I'd love to hear more about your move. It's this summer, right?

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad and Russ. Stay strong!