Sunday, April 6, 2008

It was definitely nice outside today!

So we took the boys out for a few hours. Tim cleaned out his truck, I cleaned out the van, and he vacuumed both. Mostly I just chased Alex around the yard and tried to keep him out of the road. Max ended up sitting in the back of the van watching Wiggles on the DVD player. What a goof. It was almost 70 and we probably could have worn shorts, but there was a breeze that kept it a little cool.

Alex still has the big D something awful. His poor little butt is raw!!! I've been putting cream on it with every change, but he screams anytime I touch it. Poor baby. I also got him some oatmeal bath soak and had him soak in the tub tonight. He was apprehensive at first, but then he didn't want to get out.

For dinner Tim cooked out on the grill. I had a yummy bacon cheeseburger and most of the boys had hotdogs. Then bath and bedtime for then and now we are just lazying around on our computers. Nothing new ;)

My dad called a bit ago. I had actually talked to my mom earlier so I knew what was up ahead of time. Basically, they snuck calls in to each of us from the ICU because my dad is going back in for surgery tonight. They are thinking the problem now was not his appendix, but perforations in his small bowel that grew to his appendix when they healed in the past and that finally ruptured. He has more perforations now and that's why they are doing surgery again. Yesterday his white count was really high which means some sort of infection. Now that they know the new perforation is there, that's probably the reason and hopefully surgery plus antibiotics will kick this once and for all. After draining tons of gunk out of his belly and abdomen today, he says he feels a ton better. My mom said that he should ooze much less this time around because he hasn't been on the blood thinners all week. No matter how you look at it, I'm worried. I don't like that they are so far away and that I can't be there for them. I thought today about calling work, taking a leave of absence and flying down, but what would I do with the kids?? If I could come up with something, you can bet I'd be there already. Please pray that everything goes well tonight and he can be released soon and they can both get back to MI!! 2 months is long enough for them to be gone as it is. This delay is just added stress that they don't need. Not to mention I just really want my dad healthy again. He is too strong of a man to be kept down for long, and that's what makes it so hard to hear about him being so sick.

Hmm, didn't mean to get so heavy. It's pretty much all I've been thinking about today though so I guess I needed to just talk about it a little bit.

There are quite a few new pictures on the dropshots site and I've done a few new scrapbook layouts as well. I'll post those here though because I want to make sure you see them. I had fun doing both~



And



If they show up thumbnail size like I think they will, just click them and it will take you to the full sized version.

That's about all I can think of for tonight. I'm going to probably fall asleep soon. I actually ended up not working last night because I didn't feel good. They had to send someone so obviously I volunteered. Fortunately I'm not sick like Alex, but I can see getting to that point this week. Hopefully it skips me because I'm working the next 4 nights after tonight!

Later!

5 comments:

manda said...

Your scrap booking looks great. Im so jealous its nice out there already. It was 35 degrees for the high today :( As for your dad I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers!!

Angie said...

Thanks Manda!

Kelly said...

Your photos are nicer then Tims! Aren't you glad he took up blogging?
Anyway, they really do look cute.

Angie said...

LOL about Tim's pictures. He is so not right sometimes. He's funny though...sometimes ;)

Dawn said...

Love the pics! The future wrestler is especially great! You need to get him a cool wrestling name like "Coco Beware!" LOL!

Rough times for your Dad, hope he is on the mend soon.