Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm back...

But you knew I would be right? I said I was bored!! I did nothing all day long today. Well, except nap. I slept for more than 2 hours this afternoon and I didn't even realize I was that tired. I definitely needed it.

So, tonight, shortly before we should have been putting the boys to bed, Tim hauls a big box out of the storage room. Time to clean up the toys. I think he's as sick of looking at it all as I was. We rearranged a little, got rid of junk and boxed up stuff to sell this spring in the yard sale. There is still more I'd like to get rid of, but it's hard to throw things away with both kids standing over us and watching every move we make. Anyway, kids are in bed and the basement looks awesome!

Hmm, so onto the reason I decided to come back and post. Max made me all sad and even more homesick than ever today. On the way to school this morning he said this....

"Mommy, do you remember when we lived in Virginia and I was at Ms. Naila's house and I was trying to get on the swing? I fell on my head and had to go to the hospital and get staples in my head and then Kim came over and just CUT them right out of there. Do you remember that Mommy? I remember that, but I don't remember what color the swing was at Ms. Naila's house. I want to go there again, Mommy. I miss Ms. Naila. It was funner at her house than at preschool."

Ugh, it broke my poor heart! It's no secret that I miss my friends and sometimes my job there, but to know that Max misses it as well makes it even harder. I do not miss the traffic, cost of living, or Tim working a million hours a week, but I honestly think I'd go back if I could. Too bad we'll probably head to Chicago before we head to DC. Now that we've done big city metro life, I'm not so sure we are cut out for this small town stuff. I like it, but I would like it better if it was somewhere where we felt like we fit in. Not that we don't fit here, we just don't know anyone and I'm pretty lonely.

And, today was April Fool's Day. We are such old fuddy duddies. We did nothing funny to the kids or each other. At what age do you become old? I know its usually a state of mind, so our minds must be ancient. Haha, what a bunch of dorks we are.

I think I'll sign off here. I'm trying to watch American Idol and it's hard to listen to the singing while I'm typing. Later!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Aw, how sweet Max remembers so much. I bet that is hard - wish I lived closer to keep ya company ;) Come visit me!

Dawn said...

I LOVE you new background and header. That is just too cute and absolutely perfect!

How sweet what Max said about missing Ms. Naila. He can be a little angel at times. I still think you are going to like IN come summer.

Kelly said...

I think you become "OLD" after your second child. SO for me like 26. haha.

Angie said...

Thanks girls!

Dawn- I'm sure it will get better when it's warmer. I hope so anyway.

Kelly- Um? 26? I'm confused ;)