Saturday, April 5, 2008

It must be nice outside or something

None of the message boards I frequent are very busy today and I'm bored out of my mind. I just reinstalled windows on my laptop last night so I'm still missing my scrapbooking software or I'd work on that. I'd really just like to take a nap but the boys are having none of that. Well, Alex anyway. Max has been watching movies upstairs all day. I offered to take them outside because it's almost 60* out but he didn't want to go. Alex just runs away and makes me crazy so I decided not to take him out alone.

Ugh, I hate days like this, and I hate even more that I have to work tonight so I'll want to be sleeping tomorrow when the weather is even nicer and Tim will be home. I guess I could forgo a few hours if he wants to do something as a family. Not that we haven't been on most weekends, but the weather if finally nice.

Update on my dad since I didn't do that all week. Because of the blood pressure meds he's on and was on before the surgery, they are having a problem getting his bleeding to stop. He's oozing from the surgery site all the time. His oxygen levels are a little low too so he's on oxygen which he hates. My mom said she is walking him at least every two hour in the hopes that he'll heal quicker!! They still aren't sure when he'll be released, when they are coming home, or how they are getting here. I just hope all goes well and he can get out soon. My dad is alot like me, not a very good patient. Keep him in your thoughts! It does sound like he does a bit better each day but it also seems like he has a long way to go.

Alex is obsessed with bubbles lately. He's been cranky so I offered to read to him. He wanted the book, but didn't want me involved so I let him go at it. One book was about Bert, Ernie and Big Bird with bubbles. I would peak over Alex's shoulder and read the words to him. The next thing I know he's walking around with the book saying "bubbles, bubbles" and something else that I can only assume are hair and nose. He keeps pointing to those body parts. It's so stinking cute.

And Max, hmm, the updates I have on that kid. Wednesday he had gymnastics again. His instructor said he likes to blow in Sophie's ear. She's the little girl of mom who I want to be friends with. So, I'm thinking it's a coincidence. He's too young to want a girlfriend, right?? The very next day he was hugging on some girl at school when I picked him up. Actually, she hugged him first. Anyway, as we were leaving she blew him a kiss across the playground and he blew one right back. How cute is that? He is such a little player already, just like daddy used to be until I tied him down. It was cute, but I'm really just not ready for my baby to be growing up.

Next Friday will finally be our appointment to find out how his evaluation went. The wait is killing me, but with our schedules there wasn't much else we could do.

Alex wants attention again and it's almost dinner time so I should go. I am still bored though. That just isn't right ;)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

We took Evie to Barnes and Noble today to buy her some new board books and she ran like a maniac around the store. She could have cared less if we were behind her or not. I feel your pain. She does like to be read to though. Over and over and over again. I think the trip to the bookstore was more for me then for her. If I have to read Brown Bear, Brown Bear again I'm going to go crazy.

Angie said...

LOL, Alex usually won't let us read to him. He's too impatient, but he will let them read to him at school. Here he just wants to look at the pictures so I've been going through picture books and naming colors, shapes, etc with him. He seems to sit for that. Sounds like I "don't" want to take a trip to the bookstore with him ;)

Anonymous said...

JUST WANTED TO STOP BY TO LEAVE MY ALEX A KISS. I DONT WORK UNTIL TUESDAY SO I AM GOING TO MISS MY LEPERCHAUN FOR FOUR DAYS.....WHOEVER DID THE SCHEDULE IS CRAZY LOL...OH AND YOU ARE NOT MOVING MISSY AND TAKING MY BABY AWAY! I FORBID IT! OH AND HE DOES LOVE BUBBLES BECAUSE WE DO THEM EVERYDAY. HE LOVES STANDING UNDER THE BUBBLE MACHINE, YOU CAN TELL WHAT DAY HE DOES THAT BECAUSE HIS HAIR SMELLS LIKE BUBBLES......THANK GOD FOR MISS JESSICA! HUH?