Monday, April 28, 2008

Back home!

But you probably didn't even know I was gone. I took the boys this weekend and headed up to MI to see the grandparents. We were going to stay until today, but Max and I decided that driving while the kids were sleeping would be a better idea. They got up just in time to go to school today which was nice for me. I took a nice long nap when I got home and finally got up and around to start unpacking. Laundry is being done now and I did the dishes earlier. So proud of myself. Stinks that I have to go back to work tomorrow.

My dad looks good. He looks like he lost a lot of weight, but I'm sure that won't hurt him. My brothers were around all weekend doing yard work and other heavy duty stuff that my dad shouldn't do and he spent the weekend supervising. It was pretty entertaining to say the least. My mom had an awesome dinner Sunday afternoon, made by neighbor Pat, and all of us were there. Haven't done that in a long time!

We also spent mornings with grandma and grandpa. They are doing well and of course loved having the boys over. It was warm enough Friday evening when we got there to play outside so the boys got to squirt each other with grandpa's hose and get completely soaked. We also headed over to Mike and Katherine's yesterday afternoon so Max could play with Splendid. They had alot of fun. We had pizza and cupcakes too which was great! I'll always eat cupcakes ;)

Max started his Ritalin this weekend as well. My little man could swallow that pill on the first try with no problems! I was so proud of him. Each time he had to take one he would show me his mouth so I would know it went down, and he was pretty excited about it too. I can't say I noticed a huge difference, but I could tell when it started wearing off so it must be working. Today will be the real test since he's at school.

I guess I really don't have much else to talk about. I thought there was more, but nothing is coming to me. I need to get back to work anyway so I'll talk to everyone later!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad your dad is home and doing well! I'm sure its killing him to have to direct instead of complete all those tasks himself ;)

WTG Max on swallowing that pill! I'll be waiting for the update on how he did at school!

Dawn said...

Missed you this weekend. :( Glad you had a nice visit though. I hope Max had a good day at school and the meds work for him.

I'm anxious to hear how things go.