Thursday, February 28, 2008

Max's appointment Update

Well, it was actually for Tim and I since Max doesn't go yet, but I wanted to let everyone know how it went. First off, I really liked the doctor. She asked a ton of questions about his behaviors, how he was as a baby, my pregnancy, and family histories. Tim was awesome and gave tons of input. I was pleasantly surprised by his participation.

A few things mentioned led her to question OCD, but I told her although I can see the tendencies, I do not think he has it. He isn't crazy about things, just kinda picky about a few things. She also mentioned bi-polar because he has low lows and high highs, but because of no family history, at least that I know of, it isn't likely. I certainly hope not!! That would be my biggest fear I think. Anyway, he goes next week for an hour two different days. If she needs a third session we have that scheduled for the following week. She wants to do an IQ test because he seems so intelligent as well as the testing necessary to figure out if he has ADHD, something else, or is just a little more than normal. She said it will involve a lot of play and fun things to keep him interested because he is so young. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of it. After his sessions are done, Tim and I meet with her again to discuss her findings.

Tim was off today so he let me sleep until 4pm. Yes, you read that right. And I'm used to him waking me up at 10pm so when he told me it was 4 I was thinking I missed work. I freaked out, but then realized it was still the afternoon. Boy did I need that. We picked the kids up and the 3 boys got haircuts. Max looks so handsome and Alex actually sat still this time. Tomorrow is the big day for me. I can't wait!! It has been so long since I've had highlights. I'll try to get Max to take a picture for me so I can share with you.

For now I have to catch up on some TV so I can head to work for the last time this week. I'm looking forward to the weekend!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad you like the doctor and it sounds like a great start!

Heather said...

Sounds like you guys got alot of good information to start with. I am glad Tim was helpful and had lots of input. Good luck and keep us updated!

Dawn said...

TAG - You're it. See my blog for details.