Thursday, February 7, 2008

Yikes! Time for an update!

Max has been having a good week. When I told him Monday morning that he was staying home from school he was so sad. But then we told him we were doing something special with him and he was cool with it. We did end up taking him to the indoor waterpark in Shipshewana. He had a blast. Afterwards we went for lunch at an Amish restaurant and headed home. We played for a bit and then headed out to get Alex. We've been talking since we moved about getting a sectional couch for the basement and now that taxes are on their way I decided it was time. So, we stopped and did that on the way home. 3 years same as cash so I'll probably take my time paying for it since we have other bills to get rid of first, but it was the best purchase ever. It arrived yesterday and we all love it already. I couldn't get a good picture because it's so big, but here is what I could get....


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Max has been behaving much better lately too. I think alot has to do with the changes that I've made as well. I am really loving this book that I'm reading about spirited kids. Not only am I learned ways to work with him, I'm learning alot about the way I work as well. I'm about half way through and I can't wait to finish it so I can read it again. I know that sounds silly, but I want to make sure I remember all this stuff and don't forget anything.

Even though he has been behaving, this week hasn't been without it's incidents. I got a call yesterday morning that there was an accident at school. Max and Cullen (of course) were playing and Cullen accidentally knocked Max down. When Max fell, he hit his forehead on the floor and got a huge bruise. They iced him up and he was fine, but they wanted to let me know. When I went to pick them up, darned if Alex didn't have a report of his own. He was in the infant room for awhile and pulled a high chair down on top of himself trying to climb into it. He also got a bump on the head, but his wasn't as bad. I guess I should be thankful that neither of them required stitches or a cast. I don't doubt that will come soon though.

Tonight is my 4th night in a row and I am beat!! I did sleep pretty well today though, so I'm hoping to make it through this one last shift. I have the next two nights off and then I work every night next week except Tuesday. YUCK!! Having a midweek break will definitely help though. And I really shouldn't complain because Tim is definitely getting the raw end of this deal. Alex is cutting his fourth tooth. You can see it, it just hasn't broken through. He has been up quite a bit every night. Tim doesn't have the "mommy" ability to fall right back to sleep so he's pretty tired too. And working longer hours than usual. If I don't get enough sleep, only I am to blame because at least the house is quiet and empty when I'm here. It's just too bright!

I guess for now I don't have much else to add. I'm sure I've missed something, but Lost is on and I need to get to watching it so my mind is there instead of here. Since I'm off all weekend I'll try to catch up better then.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

So glad to hear that Max is having a better week! Maybe that book is all you needed! Sorry that they both ended up with school boo boos though. I hope your last night of work goes quickly. I don't know how anyone can work midnights.

Debbie said...

Love that couch! Can't wait to crash on it next time I visit ;)

Ahahah, your week for two injuries!