Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm back

And the sickies seem to be gone. Alex is still coughing a little, but nothing like he had over the weekend. I finally have a day to myself with no kids, no work, and nothing to do but screw around on the internet....oh, and clean the house. I have laundry to do as usual, picking up toys, and tidying up the kitchen.

We had a really rough weekend with Max. He was whiny, throwing temper tantrums, not listening, sticking his tongue out. It was very trying and I seriously thought I was going to lose it. Tim said he did better Monday morning so I thought that meant he was on the upswing. Haha, not. Bad day at school! He couldn't keep his hands to himself, more tantrums, the works. We had a long talk Monday night. I told him he could go to Gym-n-it on Tuesday, but if he didn't learn to keep his hands to himself and behave, there would be no more gym-n-it. Well, guess that worked because he was good yesterday. He couldn't wait to get there today and promised he would keep his hands to himself. I don't expect him to be perfect everyday, but something has to change overall, or mommy's going to lose it.

I finally finished Raising your Spirited Child this weekend as well. AWESOME book for anyone that has spirited kids. She talks about about temperament which is something new in the behavioral world from what I understand. It really touched me and I do think we can work together as a family to make life work!!! I ended up ordering two more books on Amazon, one of hers and another that was highly recommended for people who liked her books. Tim and I need to work hard at changing things to help Max adapt, but that makes it easier for him to change too, so it's worth it.

Alex is funny as all heck lately. He is talking more and more. He likes to point out eyes, nose, mouth, ears, but he usually ends up trying to put his finger through your eye. OUCH!! Speaking of ouch, that's his new favorite phrase. That and MINE. He is a happy kid most of the time, but he can definitely compete with Max for tantrum throwing. I fear for what he'll be like when he gets older. I do love that he can communicate pretty well though, because I think that helps keep some tantrums away. He is just really cute most of the time though. He'll ask for a kiss, give you one, and then say AWWW. It's so adorable. I need to get it on video. Video of Alex and pictures of Max. Both are hard to come by lately, but I'm sure it's because I've been so tired.

Ok, off now to start working on the house. Have a great hump day!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Love your new header :) Max must be in his terrible 4's ;) You had a year off - what more do you want?!? LOL. Alex sounds SO cute!

Dawn said...

I too love the new header! You are always tweaking your blog and making it look cool!

I'm glad Max had a good day sprinkled in among the rough ones. Reminds me of "The Facts of Life" theme song. Loved that show. ;)