Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Chalk one up for Mommy!

Don't get me wrong, Tim is an awesome dad, but I think sometimes it's easier for him to just bring Max home than it is to leave him at daycare when he's freaking out. I had to take the kids in today and he pulled the same crap again. Totally my fault because I got us started off on the wrong foot by sleeping in. I rushed everyone and even had the nerve to let Alex win the race to get dressed game. Oops!! But I had to pin him down so waiting until Max got his last sock on first wasn't really a priority.

Anyway, half way to school he wanted to go home and get juice to drink. I told him he could have some when we got to school. In the parking lot, he wasn't getting out of the van so I left him there and ran Alex in, handed Alex off at the door and ran back out. By the time I got there he was turning off the TV and getting out, but I think I really pissed him off. He came inside with me, but was VERY clingy and kept saying he didn't want to stay and wanted to go home. Um NO!! Mommy doesn't get enough alone time and he wasn't going to ruin the one day I do get this week. I unwrapped his arms from my waist and handed him off to his teacher, who was awesome during the whole situation. I bolted and told the director on my way out to call me if he didn't calm down. However I was sure, based on his history at Naila's house a few years back, that he would be fine as soon as I left. No call from daycare leads me to believe he's fine.

I'll admit I have tons more motivation to leave him there than Tim, because I get to sleep if he's there. Hopefully Tim will read this and realize leaving him isn't the end of the world and after a few minutes he'll probably be glad he stayed. Guess I should have thought of that the first time he came home so I could mention it. I went through this routine every morning for almost a year at Naila's house and Tim didn't have to deal with that so it's new to him too. Plus the stress of having to get to work. Anyway, not to beat a dead horse, I was mean mommy and made Max stay put!

On a brighter note, when this happened on Monday I made an appointment with the pediatrician for a "behavioral consult." I realize Max is a boy and may not want to talk to us for that reason alone, but I also want a professional involved in case there is something more than just being spirited and overtired. I'm hoping they can helps us learn to get Max to open up more so we can figure out if there is something wrong at school, or home, that makes him so unhappy. Getting to the bottom of it will hopefully help us correct our behavior to help match Max's. Does that even make sense? Tim is picking the kids up early and going with me which I'm so grateful for. I think going as a family is going to help ensure success, no matter which route we end up having to take.

I should do this tomorrow, but just in case I don't find time to update, here is the valentine's card I made for the boys' teachers. I thought it turned out pretty cute!!



Hmm, it's a little blurry, but I think that's because I had to adjust the size. You can still get the idea though.

I'm out for now so I can get some reading done and take a nap, but I'll be around this weekend if not sooner!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Good job Ang! No one ever said this mom business was easy; in a few years we'll be thinking how easy these days were, lol!