Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Update on the sickies!

Alex does in fact have a double ear infection. I took him in Monday afternoon and it didn't take the doctor long to find it. Poor baby! No wonder he wasn't sleeping. Tim picked up Max from school that day so I didn't have to take them both. When Alex and I got home, Max says to me "Mommy, my neck hurts" pointing to his throat. GRRR! I should have taken them both. Anyway, I checked his throat and sure enough his tonsils were swollen and he had a spot on one of them. I decided to give it another day and see what happened. Yesterday when I picked him up the spot was still there and he said it still hurt. So, back to the pediatrician's office and this time I had to take them both. What a nightmare! It ended up just being something viral, but she told him he could eat popsicles because it would make his throat feel better. She basically call the "spot" a sore and that if he didn't ever get a fever he would be fine. GRR! Wasted evening of hell with the boys, but at least I know it isn't something that he can pass to Tim, turning Tim into the biggest baby of all time. That man doesn't handle strep well at all ;) Love you honey!!

Today we have the appointment with the psychologist where just Tim and I get to answer questions about Max. Then they'll take it from there to have him evaluated. I hope it goes ok, but I'm sure it will. I'm also signing Max up for gymnastics at the local gymnasium today. Classes start next week and he is going to love it. 45 minute classes and I'm trying to get him in 2 times per week. I think it will be really good for him. If he likes it, we'll keep at it. All of the males in the house need haircuts too so we'll probably do that tonight as well. Tim is off tomorrow and I'd hate to ruin his day "alone" by scheduling something. Friday I go to get mine trimmed and highlighted. I can't wait!!! It's been over a year.

I'm out for now because I have a ton to do around the house this morning, but I'll update when I know how things go this afternoon.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I hope your appointment for Max went well. Poor Alex and his EI's. That's so rough!

Debbie said...

Ooohh, A trim & highlight! Nice treat! I hope Alex is on the mend and can't wait to hear about Max's appt

Heather said...

Poor Alex! Jenna was the same way with the ear infections. I just feel so bad for them because it cannot be fun to have your ear constantly hurting. You almost wonder if they grow used to the pain :(