Friday, March 14, 2008

Yay! It's Friday!

So, Max's 3rd appointment got rescheduled. They called and said there was some emergency or something and he goes next Friday instead. I don't remember the details because I was asleep when they called and actually had to check the caller ID to make sure I didn't dream it.

Other than that, he is having an amazing week. His teacher has been raving about him and it's spring like weather so they keep getting to go outside. I'm sure that helps a ton.

Alex is still clingy as all heck and everything is "MINE." Tim has asked several times when this phase ends. Hmm, not sure. It was so long ago for Max, I really don't remember anything. How sad is that?

I've decided to go back to 12 hour shifts. Tim was nervous about that because of weekends, but I found at least two people at work who would prefer to work them and are willing to switch with me. Woohoo!! I talked to my boss yesterday and just have to wait til next week to see what she can work out. I've also decided in this process that I don't much like my boss and I'm not so sure I like my job. I like what I do, and I love most of the girls I work with, but I just don't have a settled feeling about the whole place. Maybe it's working nights and the fact that I dislike most of the dayshift. Even if a position opened I'm not so sure I would want it. Know what I mean? Or if it is something else. Either way, I don't want to look for a new job right now, but I will probably be keeping my eyes open just in case. I wish it wasn't such a paycut to go work at a doctor's office. Then I'd have holidays and most weekends off. It would be easier work too, but I feel like I'd also be missing something. Oh well, I'll figure it all out eventually.

The plan for tonight, if Alli isn't still sick, is for Tim and I to go to the pub crawl in South Bend. We haven't been out since we went with Debbie and Dawn, and I think after the last 2 weeks we both really need it. I don't think I mentioned it, but he got his first ever bonus check a few weeks ago. There is plenty that we could pay off with it, but I decided we should do something fun. He told me to go buy myself a ring. How romantic, right? Anyway, not sure if he meant it or not, but I took him seriously and I've been looking. He wants to go the e-bay route, but I'd rather buy from a store where I can get it sized, cleaned, and kept safe. Don't want to be losing any stones!! I found several I like so I'm hoping he'll take me to look at them this weekend. Again, he might have just been teasing and that would make me mad, but I wouldn't put it past him ;) Love you, honey!! I told him I'd even keep it on the less expensive side so he could put half of the bonus towards the new computer he wants to build. As soon as a ring is on my finger and he's asked me to marry him, I'll hand over the money for the computer. Hehe, I'm so slick in getting his money deposited into "our" account.

I have tons to do today, but not much desire to do any of it. I've been playing on the internet but even that is boring. Laundry is started though so I really should go fold some clothes. I also need to load the dishwasher and run some errands. Can't I do that from the couch??

Have a super weekend!!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Wonderful that Max is doing so great! Too funny about Alex's "MINE" that doesn't go away quickly. I hope you were able to get out last night and I hope you get your ring soon!

Heather said...

Oh, I hope the engagement ring comes very soon for you!!! You deserve it :) Hopefully the 12 hour shifts work out better for you.
WTG- Max on doing better! I cant wait to hear how the 3rd appt goes and what the Dr has to say. Keep us posted!

Debbie said...

Glad it is going to work out with 12hr shifts! I'm sorry your feeling so unsettled, hopefully everything will fall into place soon!!!


Woo hooo a wedding! ;)