Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Shh, It's a secret!

I just amended Tim's tax returns. Marriott messed up and put something on his original W-2s about moving expenses that shouldn't have been there. Yay!! It means he's getting even more money back, and it'll go into "our" account that I keep track of. Hmm, now how to get him to sign the returns without seeing it. Haha! I'm totally kidding about that. It's money that is going to go towards paying off a credit card anyway, but I was excited to see that more is coming. It also means he'll get a little more back from the Federal bonus thing than we originally thought since he's such a big bread winner!

I'm home all by myself today with plenty of cleaning to do. I don't much feel like it though so I've spent the better part of my day on the computer. Even that is pretty boring today, though. Hmm, I should do more scrapbooking, but I am super duper LAZY!! Kids will probably be home in a few hours so I at least need to fold the two loads of clothes that I washed and put them away. I could also pick up a few toys, but they made the mess, shouldn't they have to clean it? I loaded the dishwasher already so at least there is one thing I can cross of my list.

Max has really had a good couple of weeks. Tim and I are getting a lot better about talking him down when it's obvious a meltdown is coming. We've diverted quite a few lately. However, that kid has more energy than the energizer bunny. He just goes and goes and goes. And he talks non-stop. I asked him why he talked so much this morning and his response was, "Because I like to talk a lot, mommy!" Like I should have known. Hehe, he cracks me up, but takes away any and all energy that I have. Alex is just a beast and continues to get worse. I remember hating it when Max was this age too. They are so cute sometimes, but mostly they just have something to say and no language to say it with. Meltdowns, screaming, tantrums, you name it take the place of just simply telling me, or taking me where they want to go. As I list off the things I "think" Alex wants, I get a whole bunch of Nos with head shakes. Usually I end up picking him up and asking him to point or show me. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. 9 times out of 10 it involves him wanting more food. I swear that he is going to eat us out of house and home.

My job is good. I finally worked out a solution with my boss. Getting me back to 12s was going to take a lot of work on her part, and after thinking it over, I really didn't want that anyway, so as of next week I'm down to 56 hours per pay period instead of 72. Less money, but that's about what I've been working lately anyway due to calling off sick, volunteering off when we are slow, or getting mandated off for the same reason. If I sit and home and don't go spend money, it won't be an issue!! It will give me more nights at home with my family though, and more time to do things around the house that I'm always putting off.

Other than that, not much else to tell. We can go get my ring tomorrow and I can't wait to wear it!!!!! I'll take a picture, I promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh I can't wait to see pictures! I'll be checking! :)

Tiff