Friday, March 21, 2008

I don't have long

Because I let them guilt me into coming into work tonight, but I realized I had some big news that I forgot to tell you.

I picked up my ring on Wednesday and immediately put it on my finger. I was quite under the assumption that I was lucky Tim wanted to buy it, but he probably would never propose in the proper way. I was ok with that too. As long as we've been together it just didn't seem necessary, although I would have loved to have it happen.

Anyway, when he got home from work he saw it on my hand and commented that he didn't know I had gone to get it. Well, duh?? Like I was going to leave it at the store any longer? He played with it and asked me a bit about how it worked with the wrap. Him being a guy and all he didn't have a clue. I showed him how they fit together. Then he put it on my finger and asked me to marry him......and his computer. Cuz, you know, we had just been talking about and looking at pictures of the parts he ordered to build a new one. How sweet was that?? Totally unexpected, totally Tim, and it just made my night! I even said "sure." Haha! How lame are we?

I think I might have also talked him into wearing a wedding band some day. We shall see. I'd really like to get matching bands and have them engraved for each other. He is sooooo not into stuff like that, but all I have to do is promise bigger and cooler computer parts and he'll usually agree to anything.

Rusty is here tonight which is pretty exciting. He hasn't been down since Thanksgiving. Max has loved having his uncle around so he can show off. Tim likes having another tech geek to talk computers with. If things go as planned we are heading up to Grand Rapids on Sunday to have Easter with Bill at his friend's house. Hopefully it'll work out. I know we'll get together, I'm just not sure if all 3 of us will be there. Won't mom be surprised to see the pictures of her 3 children together with zero planning on her part. We can be good kids sometimes ;).

Ok, I have to run and get ready for work. They were desperate and I can't say NO. I've always been that way and it makes me crazy. I did call back and say I could only work 4 hours though because of having company here and Max having gymnastics in the morning. Hopefully they found someone for the second 4 hours.

Have a happy Easter weekend!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love your story. Tim gets some kudos, there is hope for him. ;)