Monday, March 17, 2008

Ooops! I've been keeping you in suspense!

Sorry about that. I kinda forgot I blogged about the whole possibility of getting a ring until Tim's mom called looking for an answer.

So, Friday night Tim and I went out, sans kids, and had a very nice time. We went to a little Irish pub, ate traditional food and had some good drinks. At some point before we left an Irish band started to play, but since it was pub crawl night it was really hard to hear them over the million people crammed into the place.

Saturday morning we headed to Sam's club hoping to find some fly paper because we are being invaded by Asian beetles. They didn't have any, so we picked up a few other things. I also had to stop by the jewelery counter to look at rings. Tim asked Max if they should buy mommy some sparkles and Max thought it was a good idea. I didn't have to pay him off, bribe him, or anything. Tim told me to go ahead and order the one I liked. But when the lady mentioned it takes 8 weeks to get it in my size, I told her I'd be back after we shopped. The second we walked away Tim said to me, you want to go somewhere where it's quicker, huh! Haha! He knows me so well. Later that afternoon, when the kids were well napped we headed out to Helzberg Diamonds. I found a few on their website I really liked. I tried some on while Tim dropped the kids off in their little toy area. When he got back there were two that I couldn't decide between and I asked for his input. He's so not into stuff like that so he enlisted in Max's help.

I was deciding between a round cut with 8 small side sapphires, or a princess cut (my first love) with one small sapphire on each side. He picked the second because it was square, "and you've always wanted a square one, mommy." Who can argue with that! He was so cute. He kept wanting to hold them and look at them close. I actually ended up with a solitaire and wrap that together look exactly like the one I wanted. But going with two parts I now have an engagement ring and a wedding band, for the same price, and the diamond is bigger this way. It's being sized now so I'll have it officially on Wednesday. I wanted Tim to pick out a wedding band as well, but he's pretty sure he'll never wear one. I guess we'll have to talk about that Winking 9

As for when we are getting married, well, he still hasn't officially asked, and I'm not sure he will, but it took 10 years for him to buy a ring so I'm guessing a wedding will be another 10 years. I hope not, but only time will tell. I've been pressuring long enough so I figure I should give him a short break before moving on to the next step. Part of me still wishes for the bigger wedding (NOT huge) with a white dress and our family and friends, but then part of me thinks Vegas would be alot of fun too. At this point I want to get our debt paid off before we start trying to pay for a wedding, so I'm guessing unless someone else is paying, it'll definitely be awhile and it'll be small!

So, there you have it! For those of you that know Tim well, try not to have a heart attack. I was shocked too, but he's so awesome!!! I knew it would happen eventually!

Kids are driving me absolutely insane tonight so I'm out for now. I need to get working on bedtime!! It can't come soon enough!

ETA: Tim ordered the parts for his computer last night. It should be here in 5ish days so don't expect to hear from him for a long time again. He'll have to build it and then tweak it for months. Not to mention play games on it since it's going to be SOOOOO Cool in his words!

1 comment: