Thursday, March 6, 2008

Is winter over yet??

Cuz I'm ready for the sickies to end!! Alex and I appear to have a stomach bug. In his case I thought it was just left over reaction from the antibiotics he was on, but his doctor doesn't think so. I ended up taking him back in today because he still has runny diapers and the last two nights has acted like his ears are still infected. The left definitely is, and the right would be back to crap in the next 48 hours if we hadn't have caught it. He's back on meds, and hopefully this time won't have any problems with them. As for me, I called in sick to work last night and am hoping I feel good enough to go tonight. I'm going either way, but I hate working when I feel like crap!

Max had his first assessment appointment yesterday. The doctor said he will need all 3 appointments because its taking longer than she expected to do the IQ test. He's testing at the 7 year old level in some areas and more testing takes more time. I'm so proud of him for being so smart, but at the same time I wonder if that's part of his problem. Is he too bored? She also said it was hard to hold his attention and he got pretty distracted towards the end. Well duh! Isn't that the main reason we are having him tested? Haha! It just cracked me up that she said that.

After that appointment he had his first gymnastics class. What a disaster. He had fun, and he did great, but we were able to stay and watch. He needed to be redirected several times because there was so much going on in the gymnasium that he wanted to watch everything else rather than pay attention to his group. He wandered off a few times, but there was another little girl who did too so I felt better. He goes again Saturday morning and I'm hoping they'll let me take some pictures.

Tim pointed out that Max no longer runs "dorky" like I do and that maybe he still has a prayer in professional football. I hope so because after his childhood years, he's going to have to be responsible for taking care of us. Our mental wellbeing is going to be shot. ;)

That's about all I have for now but I'm sure I'll think of something else soon. Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

LOL @ Max having to take care for his crazy parents when he is older ;) Hope everyone is feeling better soon!