Saturday, December 29, 2007

Alex is a little nutty!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


This was him on Christmas evening. He has decided that he can walk up and down the stairs just like big people. He's not so good at it, but he is good at making us laugh!!!

On a side note, the kids are both sick today. Alex started just after midnight. He came downstairs, but was very quiet and acted like he wanted to go back to sleep. We headed to bed where he continued to look sleepy, but wouldn't let himself. I decided to try a bottle and he tossed his cookies while it was warming up. I let him have a small amount of the bottle thinking it was a fluke. Nope, he threw up until his stomach was empty and had the dry heaves after that for awhile. I was up with him most of the night.

Max woke up this morning and said he didn't feel good. Ended up having the big D. While sitting on the toilet he announced that his mouth hurt. Not sure what that means, but he proceeded to jump off the toilet and turn around to throw up. Sorry for all the visuals, but if I had to deal with it, so do the rest of you ;). Anyway, Alex seems to be much better this morning. He's keeping water down now and has eaten a few crackers and cheerios. He has also been napping for almost 2 hours. Max on the other hand has been dry heaving most of the morning since I won't let him eat or drink anything. His few sips of water came back up. He just announced a little bit ago that he feels better so I let him have half a cup of water and one cheerio. That was all he wanted. He hasn't been sick since. He is currently drinking a small amount of apple juice so we'll see how that goes. I heard from my friend Debbie that her kids had it and it was short lived. My fingers are crossed that it will be for us too. I had a ton of clothes to wash, but now I have additional towels and sheets from Alex. I do not want to have to do more.

Especially with grandma and grandpa coming this afternoon. They decided to brave the sickness, but that means lots of work for me before they get here. I changed the sheets on two beds and I have two loads of laundry done. So not how I wanted to spend my day off, but hopefully I can enjoy tomorrow.

Oh, speaking of work, I have some news on that front to. Working the 11pm to 11:30am shift has been killing me. Especially when I work 3 in a row. By the time I pick the boys up and feed them, it's time for Alex to go to bed. I'm not seeing enough of them and I'm cranky because I'm not getting enough sleep. The few mornings that I was sent home at 7am due to it being slow were awesome! I got plenty of sleep and was still able to pick them up by 4. Tim and I talked it over and decided that the only downside to me switching to the 8 hour shift was having to be at work an extra 3 nights out of 14. He can deal with it and I know I can. I talked to my boss yesterday and she said no problem! She's actually hired quite a few 11-11 people lately and now seems to have too many people on from 7am -11am so this helps her out too. Instead of having me wait until February, which I thought she would do because January's schedule is already done, she changed January's schedule for me. I had to pick up a few shifts here and there, but now I'm out at 7:30am everyday! Woohoo!! It also means that when they ask me to stay over it won't be such a big deal because I can work 12s, just not all the time! Much better than being asked to work 16!

Ok, enough rambling out of me for the morning. I changed my page again and I'm planning on changing the picture too. Just not sure what I want to do yet. Probably something simple until I get the right pictures. I'm looking for some excitement with the kids in the new year so I want my blog to reflect that. Have a great weekend and I'm sure I'll be back soon!

Edited to add a picture of my sickos!! They both took early naps and seem to be much better now. No one has thrown up in a few hours.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Liken the new look Ang! I'm glad the boys are on the mend, they are adorable in that pic. If it is possible I think Max is looking MORE like Tim!

Can't see the video :(

Congrats on getting the schedule you wanted!

Dawn said...

Awe poor guys! I hope the sickies don't stick around long. That is no fun.

Dawn said...

Happy New Year Angie and Family!