Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Busy times ahead!

Max's birthday is Sunday, we have a family Christmas party in Detroit on Saturday, and then Christmas is just around the corner. I feel like I'm never going to get everything done. Just now I finished weeding through the toys and trying to get rid of a bunch so we have room when the new batch shows up. There is probably more I could have gotten rid of, but Tim is going to have to take a turn. I'm terrible at getting rid of stuff.

We are heading to MI on Friday without Tim since he has to work all weekend. My mom's family is having a party on Saturday so we are going to that and then Chuck E Cheese on Sunday for Max's birthday. I have to work Monday night so we will probably leave Sunday around bedtime so I can get some sleep on Monday.

Later today a guy from the Consumer Product Safety Commission is coming over to pick up some paperwork on Alex's hospital stay, test a few of the AquaDots and make sure he has the whole story. Not sure if anything will happen with the investigation but I feel better knowing they are looking into it.

I have to finish my photo calendar soon because it's Christmas gifts for the grandma's and I also need to get my holiday cards out. I started them, but I just keep putting it off and I feel like if I don't do it soon they won't get out until next year.

Hmm, what else? The DVD player in the van died. I thought the disk just froze so I took it out and put in a new one. Even now, two weeks later, any time you turn one of the monitors on it shows the frozen image from the first DVD that froze. Not a good thing since it's not even in the player anymore. Fortunately grandma had no idea what to get the boys so she's fronting the money so I can go get a new one. I'll probably pick it up later today because I want to get it installed before our drive to MI. It's miserable when they don't have something to keep them occupied for that long. Especially when I'm by myself.

I'm also putting together Max's birthday present today. I figured since we'll be gone all weekend and won't be home until after bedtime on his actual birthday I should give him a few days to enjoy it now. Especially before I get busier at work and won't be around to play with him much. I anticipate the doctors will start scheduling inductions soon since it's so close to the end of the year. Gotta get that extra tax return before December 31st you know ;). Anyway, we got him a big Step 2 kitchen from Sams Club. He's going to love it. He and Alex both always want to be in the kitchen with Tim when he's cooking. They like to help, lick spoons, and make a mess. Now they can do that in their own space!!

Ok, have to run. The CPSC guy will be here in an hour and I want to get more done before he comes! Have a great night!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like an exciting weekend. Can't wait to see you at CEC Sunday!

Debbie said...

Whew, I get tired reading all of your plans! Have fun and travel safe; hope there isn't any snow messing up the roads!

Angie said...

Thanks girls! I'm actually nervous about the snow. FIL just showed me the forecast this morning and much of my way home is going to be getting around 10 inches. Hopefully if I wait long enough the roads will be cleared!