Thursday, December 6, 2007

Behind again, who's surprised?

I have been so tired this last week. I'm finally working nights, and I'm also finally on my own. No more preceptor at work. I'm doing pretty good too and I think I'll get used to it eventually. I'm having a hard time getting used to only getting 4 hours of sleep on the days I work though. 12 hours is a long shift to get through when I'm dead tired.

The boys are loving the snow we got here. Max talks about it all the time. He wants to go outside and eat it. I didn't take him out last night because there was no one to watch Alex, but I'm hoping Tim can get home early enough tonight to do so. The nice thing about the midwest, as opposed to VA, is that the snow is still around a few days later. I sent Max to preschool with his snowpants and boots today so hopefully they'll take him outside too.

Funny thing happened this morning. On the way to school Max told me tomorrow is his birthday. I explained that it wasn't, and he still has a few days left. When we got there, his teacher wished him a happy birthday. I guess he told her yesterday that "tomorrow" is my birthday. Silly boy! I wonder when the concept of time become reality for him. He seems to get it sometimes, but then other times everything was "from yesterday" even if it was 6 months ago. Oh well.

Alex appears to finally be teething actively. He is sleeping like crap. Up several times a night crying and not seeming to want anything. Daycare said he isn't sleeping great there either, but I think part of it is moving to a new room where there is only one nap and he's still needing two. I think he is sleep deprived and because of that his sleep gets worse instead of better. Hopefully we can fix that soon or Tim and I might just go insane from being up so much.

I have lots of errands to run today so I need to get moving. As soon as I have anything new to report, I'll be back. I do have some pictures from last weekend to share, but they are still on the camera. I also plan to get my holiday cards out soon! Need to get them done today!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I don't know how you function on that little of sleep! You are a better woman than me ;) I hope Alex starts sleeping better! Looking forward to pics...

Debbie said...

Forgot to say that I can't see what is on his Santa's list...please elaborate for me :)