Monday, December 17, 2007

Busy weekend behind us!

So, we drove to MI on Friday evening. That went pretty well. We took Nana and Papa out for their anniversary dinner and then home for bed. Saturday morning to Grandma and Grandpa's and then home at noon so we could head down to Detroit. Again, the boys did well in the car and it helped that Uncle Rusty was with us. Max was a little crazy at the party, but Alex did great and I really enjoyed spending time with cousins that I rarely ever see. Bill and Crystal came too which was nice. I like that I get to see them more often since moving back to the midwest.

Saturday evening we drove home in the beginnings of the snow storm. Not too bad, but not fun either. Sunday we woke to probably 8" of snow. I decided there was no way I was canceling Max's party which was good because almost everyone showed anyway. The best part was that it was nice and slow at Chuck E Cheese so we got a big table and the kids had a blast. I think the adults did too which was nice. Dawn, Joe and the boys made it which was a nice treat for me! I get to "talk" to Dawn everyday, but actually seeing her is so much better!! Now if I can just get to see Debbie since we live so close. I'm hoping for when the holidays die down.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. We had a great time at CEC and Max got some great presents. Uncle Bill completely spoiled him and he can't wait to drive his truck, but he loved all of his little gifts as well. He couldn't wait to get all the packages open to show daddy when we got home last night. I think we left MI around 4:15 and made it home by 8:30. Not too shabby considering the roads were still in the process of being cleared and I had to stop once to get dinner for the kids.

Now that the weekend rush is over all I want to do is sleep, but I have a list of things a mile long to do. Gifts need to be wrapped, the house needs to be cleaned and I promised cupcakes for Max's birthday to daycare but never picked them up so I'm doing that this afternoon! January can't come soon enough, but at the same time, I love this time of year and the magic of seeing it through the kids eyes is awesome.

I guess I should find some m0tivation and get to work. I'll be back though because I have lots of pictures from this weekend! Once I get them on the computer I'll be back to post a few!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Angie - We had a great time yesterday at CEC! It was great to see you. The boys looked great and your family is always so kind and welcoming to us. Thank you again for including us in your special day. :)