Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The difference 700 miles can make

We got about 18" of snow last night. Maybe a little more. I know more is expected today too. In VA, this would have shut the entire area down for a whole week. Here, people are out on the roads this morning traveling almost the speed limit. The roads are clear and everyone has already got out the snowblowers to clear the driveways. It is sooo beautiful to look at as well. I am hoping to get outside later to take some pictures before it all goes away. Monday and Tuesday next week are supposed to be 50 degrees.

Right now it looks like a tornado hit inside the house. Toys and junk everywhere and the kitchen is a disaster too. Tim had to take care of the boys yesterday because I came down with their tummy bug. He made chicken noodle soup last night, but didn't get to clean up because he was taking care of the kids. I'm feeling better today, but now he seems to be sick. He's still in bed so I took the kids to school. I need to get cleaned up today though. Robyn (our house cleaner) is coming tomorrow and there is no way she could even begin to clean around this mess. I just need to find some motivation. I am still weak from losing everything in me and not eating yesterday but the coffee has already started to help a little. I can't believe I didn't have any yesterday.

I also need to take down the Christmas decorations. I can't believe they are still up, but between people being sick and company this weekend I just didn't get a chance. It's time though. I put them up the day after Thanksgiving so it has been well over a month.

Not sure if Uncle Bill reads here or not, but I have a video that he must see!! I'll get it on later today when I take snow pictures. Alex likes to stand on his 4-wheeler seat and drive it that way. What a little daredevil. Not only is Uncle Bill's gift his favorite, but he takes right after his uncle in being a crazy boy!

Anyway, I need to get moving, but I'll probably be back later today.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Chicken soup w/o me again?!? Damn you! I must find a weekend to visit!

Angie said...

Crap!! I knew I was supposed to call you. I was sick though so it wasn't my fault. Tim surprised me. He made a ton and it's already almost gone. I can't believe how much we all eat it, especially when sick!