Monday, January 14, 2008

They are sick again!

But fortunately this time it's just colds. Max is coughing like crazy and Alex is a snot monster. I kept him home from daycare today because he had a fever last night and this morning, but he seemed ok when I put him to bed. Well, except for the snoring because he can't breath through his nose. Poor thing. Max keeps telling me he's really sick. I told him he can stay home, but tomorrow is Gym-in-it. He decided that was far more important than staying home! It's his favorite day of the week. I really need to find him some sort of tumbling class outside of preschool too. I know he would love it.

In addition to the cold, Alex got his third tooth. I noticed it last night. It's on the top and looks sharp as all heck. I feel so bad for him. All he ate all day today was Popsicles and I think he had 4 of them. I also offered him as much juice as he would drink. Anything to keep him hydrated with all the Benadryl I've been pumping into him. Nothing seems to work though. Max on the other hand does great with nighttime cough medicine. I wish they still made it for babies.

Other than that there isn't much new to report. We have all been lazy bums lately. The weather is crazy being warm one week and freezing the next. The end of this week is supposed to be really cold and the snow has already started. I don't think we are getting that much though.

This weekend Debbie and Dawn are coming for a visit with their boys. I can't wait!! So far we've only had family visit that I can remember. Not sure what we'll do, but just letting the kids play and hanging out with other adults works for me! I'm working on Tim to make chicken noodle soup on Friday because Debbie has been asking for it and wants to learn his recipe. He acts like he doesn't want to, but secretly I think he loves cooking for people that really appreciate his food. He made Sheppard's pie last night and while it was good, there were too many peas so I didn't love it. If anyone that liked peas would have eaten it, they would have been in love. Even Max agreed that it was pretty good, but he only ate one bite.

My parents are coming in two weeks. They are heading to Arizona for a month and then to Florida for a month and they wanted to see the kids for a weekend before they head out on the road. I'm excited to see them. I know we were just up in MI a month ago, but it feels like forever. Since we've moved I don't know that we've gone more than a month without some family here or us going there. It's good because that was my whole reason for wanting to move back to the midwest!

Hmm, I didn't realize it was after 8 already. I have to run. Need to get in my nap before I have to head to work. Have a great night and I'm sure I'll have pictures after this weekend if not before!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Woo hoo, can't wait to come!! If Tim doesn't want to make the soup it is ok - I have been eating and eating the stuff I made and it is still not gone. Damit! LOL. I think i'd love any of his creations - yummy!

Hope the boys feel better - Caige & Trace are excited to go on our trip & play ;)

Angie said...

Max is excited too! He keeps telling people it's today. Haha, Tim was questioning last night why I would have you come when I have to work. Silly boy! As for the soup, we'll eat it if he makes it, and I'm sure we can talk him into other stuff too. At the very least I'll have him talk you through the "thickening" part!

Joe said...

Dawn loves Chicken Noodle Soup, so let Tim know that he will be a superstar if he makes it :) I agree that he secretly likes the attention of people enjoying his cooking...