Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm a blog addict

So, many of you know I've always been addicted to my message boards. I'm on BabyCenter and 2 private boards that I post on regularly. When I started blogging it was simply to have record of what my kids were doing and keep our family up to date. I love it though. I keep changing my layout and trying to keep things interesting.

Recently someone started a thread on the Bargain Board at BabyCenter so I added mine. I think I got a few hits from there, but mostly what it did for me was give me something to do. I read a few here and there, but then I started clicking blogs that were linked from other people's blogs. Now I can't stop. There are a few women out there who really are great writers. It's also nice to see how other mom's have it to know my kids are completely normal, albeit insane.

So, I guess the reason for this post is to tell you that I love reading blogs. Mostly just the ones that have something in common with my life, but I feel hooked and I can't stop. I've added the links to several of my favorites on the right side of my page. Check them out if you are ever bored. If you see this and have a blog not listed, let me know and I'll add it. Feel free to add me to your blog lists as well. I love reading and being read, although I'm certainly not as good at writing as some. I'm more of a free spirited rambler who sometimes doesn't know when to shut up.

I got canceled from work again last night. Well, two nights ago and then last night I volunteered to go because we still ended up with an extra person on. I know I need the money and I should be going, but when the choice is home sleeping or at work trying to stay awake, it's so hard not to chose sleep. That is until I learned that it has become normal for my kids to get up at 5am. I thought yesterday morning was a fluke. Guess not, Tim said it's becoming normal. Now I'd rather be at work so I KNOW I can sleep when I get home. Haha, how horrible is that for poor Tim. He is such a great dad though!! Anyway, back to work. I volunteered to go in tonight if they need me since I had the last two days off. I won't know until later tonight if I'm going in though, so I'll probably have to take a nap this afternoon just in case. I also have to finish laundry, change sheets, and pick up toys. I did some yesterday, but the kids trashed things again.

I guess I really don't have much else to say now but I'm sure I'll think of something later! Have a great Hump Day!

5 comments:

Kendra aka The Meanest Momma said...

You and your blog addiction! :) Having just started posting regularly on my blog, I know how you feel. I love comments too!

I just started putting all the blogs I like to read into Google Reader (http://www.google.com/reader) and it's nice to be able to see at a glance when someone has posted something new (like you!)

So keep up the good work, I'll be reading ... and maybe occasionally commenting!

Angie said...

Aww, thanks Kendra! Do you mind if I add your family blog to my friends list? I don't want to do it without permission, but I love reading what you write too! I just recently started commenting myself and I feel bad because I'm begging for comments!

Joe said...

Nice Blog!

Now you can't say I didn't comment :P

Debbie said...

Love the new header Angie and thanks for the links to the blogs you like to ready....i'm always up for more reading ;)

manda said...

I agree I am a complete addict to posting and reading. I love bbc threads.