Wednesday, January 9, 2008

More pictures and ramblings

Ah, I'm killing myself with homesickness! I've really been missing the radio morning show I used to listen to in VA. So, it finally occurred to me to get online and listen when I'm awake in the morning. I'm either just coming home from work, or if I was off I got the boys off to school. So, this morning I got to listen to Elliott in the morning for the first time since leaving VA. It really did make me homesick to hear them doing the traffic report and talking about all the places I used to go. But, it was refreshing to listen too. It's odd that I couldn't wait to move away from the hustle and bustle of city life, the traffic, and the high cost of living, but since I've been gone I miss it like crazy. Maybe I miss my friends (that's a given) and maybe it's Naila whom the boys loved, but I'm dying to go back for a visit. I'm sure it will be awhile before I'll be ready for that drive, but I hope to get there at least once this year. I want to see Donna and make sure she's doing ok and trying to get away from her icky job and I want to see Jay, Kelly and their family along with the rest of our old neighbors. Every time I check Kelly's MySpace or Dropshots pages I get depressed seeing the things that we are missing out on by not being there. I also want to see Laura's new baby that was born just after we left. By days which really stinks. We were so close to meeting him, but had to get to IN to close on the new house.

I digress, I love the midwest, I'm just lonely. I need to find me some friends. There are plenty of nice girls at work, but no one that I feel like I've clicked with enough to hang with outside of work. I want someone to gossip and shop with, who has kids that will play with my kids. I am sure I'll find that eventually, maybe in the summer when we can spend more time outside. We shall see.

In the meantime, Tim gave the boys a bubble bath the other night in our jetted tub. Cracked me up. The water had to be pretty high and for the first time Alex looked a bit afraid of the bathtub. He had fun, but he dunked himself twice and then actually wanted to get out. So not like him, but it was funny. I got some good pictures, as well as a few of Alex "helping" Tim unload some computer desk stuff. Max is anti-pictures lately and rarely lets me take any of him where he's looking at the camera. I need to figure out how to get him back into being cute for the camera.

Here you go....


















Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Thanks for looking! Check out dropshots for the rest!!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Sorry you are homesick - wish I were closer! Love the pics!

Angie said...

Thanks for the comments on my pictures, Debbie!! I wish you could see the videos too. Alex is such a character! Come visit soon and you can see them here ;)

Dawn said...

Too cute! The tub pictures reminded me so much of my boys. Max looks so huge to Alex, and in my home Tommy looks so huge to Austin. It's just neat because Austin is Max's age. It's all perspective. Sorry you are homesick. I keep telling ya the warmer weather will bring the people around!