Sunday, January 6, 2008

More family visits

I would have been back sooner, but first I got sick with the boys' tummy bug and then Tim came down with it. We have not been a healthy house this last week.

For New Years Eve, Tim had to work so we still had Alli babysit, but grandma, grandpa, and I went to dinner. It was so nice to not have to worry about what kid was throwing what, noise making, and trying to get them to sit still. I enjoyed it very much! I was supposed to work that night, but got canceled since we are so slow. I worked the next night and then got canceled again. I enjoy the extra time at home, but I hate that I don't get paid when I'm off. Fortunately my time off kicks in in a few days and I can start using that to supplement my paychecks.

So, this weekend Tim's sister in law visited with the kids. She was driving through on her way home from Nebraska and wanted to see the new house. I know how Max and Splendid love to play together and it was perfect timing since I was off the weekend. They got here Friday afternoon and stayed until Saturday morning. Probably would have stayed alot longer but they had to get home for Katherine's surprise birthday party. She almost missed it thanks to me inviting her to stay. OOOPS!!

Anyway, the kids had a blast and Max had his first real sleepover. He slept in his trundle drawer and Splendid slept in his bed. They were up until 10 laughing and giggling and causing trouble, but they had fun and that's all that matters. However, I don't know that Tim was too happy when they woke him up at 5 the next morning! He got them set up in front of the TV though and he headed back to work so it's not like they interrupted sleep. He was busy and needed to get back anyway.

Alex seems to be communicating alot more lately. He says a handful of words, but he's good at letting you know what he needs even when he can't say it. If he wants to go to bed, he'll say "night night" but he also points up the stairs and can say "upstairs" and "downstairs" though probably no one else would understand that's what he's saying. It amazes me because he still seems so little, but I think he's pretty much on track with alot of things that Max was doing at the same age. He only knows "eye" on the face though and will point to mouth and nose, but doesn't say them. I am pretty sure Max was doing that by this age. There are definitely differences because I had more time to spend one on one with Max.

Anyway, enough rambling. I'm cranky today so I'm thinking I should take a nap. I do want to leave you with a few pictures though. From this weekend with the cousins, of course!

Max as Sportacus from LazyTown



Splendid and the babies playing!



Ayanna and Alex



Hana and Max



In this one you can see Alex's two new teeth if you look really really hard at his bottom gums.



Hope you enjoyed! Oh, that reminds me, we enjoyed our snow, but now it's almost gone. The warm weather has come and scared it all away. I know 50* isn't normal this time of year, but I already miss the snow and can't wait until it comes again. How crazy am I??? I think I lived in the south for too long ;)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Great postie Angie! I'm glad the sickies are gone and hopefully they'll stay away now. I love all the pictures, what kind of a name is Spartacus anyways?

Angie said...

Have you ever seen Lazy Town? It's on Noggin and maybe NickJr. Max loves the show! It's actually Sportacus. He's the good guy that helps the kids defeat Robby Rotten. Come down and visit and I'll show you an episode or two ;)

Dawn said...

Ahh, Sportacus! I've been schooled!

Debbie said...

Love the pics!