Wednesday, January 9, 2008

OMG We had a mouse!!!

OMG!!!! We just had a mouse in the basement!!! I heard something, but I ignored it at first, but then I kept hearing it and I knew Max wasn't moving so it couldn't be him. I stood up on the couch and it ran along the edge of the wall out from behind Alex's toddler couch. I started to freak, but Tim shushed me. I looked at Max and told him only girls are scared of mice. When Tim started talking about finding something to bash it with, I took off for upstairs and let the boys deal. Max came upstairs with goggles on and a pillow on his chest and said it was his mouse hunting gear. I heard a few jabs at the floor and then Tim came upstairs with it wrapped in paper leftover from moving boxes. Max actually helped him wrap it up. EWWWWW! I'm so totally grossed out and Max won't stop talking about how cool it was. At least he'll have a great story to tell tomorrow at school! I'll be having nightmares and I won't even be asleep because I have to go to work!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

LOL, welcome to the midwest winter where the mice want to get out of the cold. mwwhwhahahahahhahahahaha

Mary said...

Is it totally weird I have hubby take the mice (Ok, we've had 2 in 5years) out back and let them out? The neighbors did the killing for me I'm sure.

Angie said...

I begged him to "catch" it and let it go outside, but he said it would just come back in so it needed to be killed. I knew there were mice in the midwest, but I never thought one would end up in MY house!! KWIM? That only happens to other people, LOL!!

Dawn said...

Yah! Hate mice. We had one in the house a few years ago. Ick ick ick, and of course we had a nest in the grill in the fall. Ick Ick Ick. Hopefully that is the only one and since Tim showed him who's boss all their friends have moved out!