Monday, January 21, 2008

Yikes, behind again!

So, Alex ended up with an ear infection from his lovely cold. At least it was something we could treat. The night after he started antibiotics he started sleeping great again. I worked alot last week and we were really busy so I think I actually got more sleep than Tim did. I sorta feel bad, but not really Giggle 2.

Over the weekend we had some guests. Dawn and Debbie came for a visit with their boys. Count them, three 4 year olds, one 6 year old, one almost 3 year old and Alex. Holy testosterone Batman! They had their little boy disagreements, but for the most part they got along great. Alex was definitely able to keep up with the big kids, although he went to bed much earlier than the rest.

To start off the visit, Debbie arrived and showed me some Dixie Chick pictures of chick feet tattoos that they have. I thought that was kinda neat considering we belong to a message board of 8 very close friends called the "Rambler Chicks." Hmm, so anyway, she said we should all talk about getting tattoos like that. The last time I got a tattoo, Tim said he'd leave me if I ever got another one. Somehow, I got his clearance though. I think he knows how much my group of friends means to me and what this would mean to us. Anyway, we (I) was very impulsive and we jumped in the car and headed out right then. We put the boys to bed first and sped toward a tattoo place I found online. Read Debbie's blog for details and pictures!! She tells the story much better than I can, and I have a bunch of pictures of the kids I want to post so I hate to overload you with both.

So, Saturday we headed to the mall while we waited for Dawn to arrive. We did a bit of shopping, but the highlight was taking the boys to play in the Kid Digit area. I love Alex being so small because when he's out there keeping up with the big kids, the other mom's just look on in amazement. They can't believe he isn't scared or doesn't hurt himself. Haha, I have one brave little man. Anyway, after the mall we headed back just in time to greet Dawn. We played Wii all afternoon, letting the kids take turns. Dawn is awesome at Guitar Hero. I didn't even attempt it. My fingers and brain can't do that many things at the same time.

Saturday evening Alli offered to babysit when she got home from a birthday party. We tossed the boys in the bathtubs after dinner and got them all cleaned up. Except Tommy who pointed out that he was too old to take a bath with the "babies." Alex and Trace got the little tub since they are afraid of the jets, and the bigger boys got the jetted tub in our room. They had so much fun!! Every one of them was sparkly clean when we were done with them. After bathtime we got them all into bed...just in time for Alli to come home. She watched all 6 of them by herself, with only Caige, Trace, and Alex not staying in bed all night. I am thinking it was 3ish when we finally got home. I don't really remember because I was so drunk. I get to do that once or so a year and I just can't hold my alcohol. It sure was fun though!! Lots of pictures from the bar, but I'm not sure I can share most of them here. Avoiding Eye Contact

Sunday morning my kids got poor Dawn up before 6. Fortunately she's an amazing friend and took good care of them. They got changed, butt wiped, and fed. I got up once, but ended up going back to bed because I thought I would be sick again. Eventually we were all up and around. Lunch before everyone had to pack up and head home and then they were out the door. I was sad to see them go, but I also needed to nap something awful since I worked last night. The nap was just what I needed though and I made it through no problems.

This coming weekend Nana and Papa are coming to visit. They are heading to Arizona and Florida for the next two months so they decided to come spend their last weekend with us. I can't wait to see them again and I know the boys are excited.

I need to head to bed now. I am hoping to get an hour nap before I leave for work. Pictures are not loaded onto the internet yet, but I'm hoping to do that tomorrow and get them in here for you to see. Some of them anyway, there are almost 200. Again, check out Debbie's blog which is linked from here because she has already told the tattoo story and will probably post pictures from the rest of the weekend soon!!

Have a good night and I'll be back soon.

No comments: