Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I got some bad news last night

And still no news on Tim's interview. It was supposed to come today so we'll see. The day is not over yet. I'm going crazy not knowing though.

Anyway, on to the bad news. I've been having a lot of abdominal pain and pressure lately. Thought I was pregnant a few times but always negative. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and he thought my uterus was enlarged and it was probably fibroids. Not a big deal because they weren't causing anything more than a little discomfort. Last week I had an ultrasound but no appointment to find out about it until November 7th. Fortunately my doctor was on call last night and I saw him at the hospital. He printed out the report for me and we discussed it a little. I have a 10cm cyst on one of my ovaries and it needs to be removed. Sooner rather than later as I run the risk of it rupturing and that could cause all sorts of problems.

I'm waiting to hear about Tim's job before I make any quick decisions, but my surgery could be in the next two to three weeks if I can even wait that long. I'm sure it's just nerves, but I've been having a lot more pain today. I was really busy at work last night though too, and that could have something to do with it. In any case, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'm not too worried about the surgery, more the recovery time and the kids because recovery can take 6 weeks. I'll probably feel ok sooner than that, but I won't be able to lift and stuff like that. Not easy when you have little ones.

I'll keep you posted and let you know when I know anything. Thanks for thinking about me!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Definately thinking of you here. Maybe I can make a trip out to help you - though i'm not so sure adding 2 more kids to the mix would be helpful !

Keep us updated! fingers still crossed for Tim!

manda said...

You are in my prayers....A friend of mine found one of these when she was prego and had it removed. All is well now. I am looking out for you..


Your power ranger stuff went out today.

Angie said...

Thanks girls!

Debbie- I would love a visit whenever you are up for it!! We miss you guys!

Manda- thank you! I got the other package! I was going to let you know when I had both, but I don't want you worrying that it didn't come. Thanks again!

Kendra aka The Meanest Momma said...

praying for you girl! finding anything out of the ordinary "down there" scares me now. I hope you can get it resolved quickly. The fact that you used the term cyst and not "mass" is a good thing, right?

Anonymous said...

Hoping the surgery goes well. Wish you best of luck on Tim's job.

~Emily~ said...

oh my goodness! You poor thing! I'll be praying for you! :)