Thursday, October 9, 2008

Yeah, I stink!

There just hasn't been much to talk about lately. I worked mad days this week after being sick all of last week. Tim had regional people at work so he was busy too. Basically walking in the door as I walked out. We definitely didn't get to see each other much. Now I'm off til Tuesday and sooo looking forward to it.

Tomorrow is grandparent's day at Max's school. The preschool kids are putting on a little show and then snacks in the cafeteria. Since he has no grandparents close by he can take a parent or special friend. I decided I'm going to go. I'm really excited about it too. He asked me to tape them singing their song so I can post it for everyone to see. Hopefully it'll be short enough that I can do that. If so, it should be on by tomorrow afternoon. Overall, Max is doing great in school. He loves going and on the mornings that Tim has to drop him off, he walks himself all the way to his classroom. I'm so proud of him doing so well. He loves learning about God and Jesus and comes home talking about them everyday.

Alex is doing pretty good too. He is a totally different kid than Max was at this age. He is definitely a little bruiser. He's a bully and constantly getting into things he shouldn't which has caused lots of bumps and bruises. He currently has a huge goose egg in the middle of his forehead from screwing around at school today. He is just now getting interested in TV and has a few favorite shows that he loves to watch. Blue's Clues is probably #1 which I find interesting since it was Max's favorite show too.

I change to 12 hour shifts in about 3 weeks. Oddly, I'm totally looking forward to that. 3 days a week is going to be awesome, and so are the full time paychecks. The economy has me freaking out about finances and I'll feel better bringing in a little more cash than I have been.

Tim's job is going ok, although the hotel overall isn't doing great. He has been working really long hours though which is hard on all of us. Hopefully things settle down soon and we can do some fun family fall stuff.

Grandma and Grandpa are coming in two weeks and then Nana and Papa are coming the weekend after. The kids don't know yet since that's too long to make them wait, but I know they are going to be excited. Max asks about all of them all the time. And Alex can point the whole family out in a picture now and name them, including uncles.

I guess I've got nothing else. I need to go start some laundry so I'm not doing it all weekend. I have to change the sheets on my bed because someone snuck some midnight apple juice and had an accident on my side. No way I want to sleep in stinky pee ;)

Sorry I've been so poopy at keeping up lately! I'll definitely try harder!! Leave more comments and maybe that will inspire me, haha!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

:sniff: you jinxed yourself with that skunky saying you stink, lol!!!

Can't wait to see the video tomorrow!