Sunday, November 30, 2008

On my own again

My mom and dad left this morning and Tim goes back to work tomorrow. I am so not excited about this. Granted, it'll be nice having the house to myself after having guests for almost 2 weeks, but I am not supposed to be driving just yet and I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle the household stuff on my own. Tim has been awesome today though. He did the dishwasher and is even running a load of wash right now. I'm still having alot of pain from the bruising (I assume) and am probably doing far more than I should. I can't help it though. I get so bored just laying around doing nothing. Poor Alex is going to be the death of me. He keeps jumping on my stomach and that has to be the worst feeling in the world. When I scream out in pain he says "Sorry Mommy" and then kisses my head. It's so sweet, but doesn't make me want to kick his little butt any less ;)

Max has his preschool Christmas play on Wednesday and poor Tim has a huge function at work that he can't miss. I'm hoping to be able to video the whole thing so he can at least watch it on the computer. I'll have to call Alli tomorrow to see if she can watch Alex because there is no way I can video with him there, especially since it starts at bedtime. He's going to be very difficult if I have to take him along.

In other news, we are getting a hedgehog! Tim finally agreed, mostly to shut me up, but also because they are non-smelly. I have to be the one to take care of it, but I've been wanting some sort of pet for the kids, and from what I've researched they are pretty good with kids. Not saying it'll be easy, but not as hard as a dog, or as smelly as a cat. I've been looking for one for a few weeks now. Usually you can only get them from breeders, but there was an add in the Grand Rapids Craigslist where someone wants to get rid of theirs because their kids aren't taking care of it. YAY!!! Cheaper than buying it from a dealer for sure and the cage comes with him. It's going to be a 2 hour drive, but without the kids it shouldn't be too bad. I'll be sure to post pictures when he gets here and let you know what we decide to name him. I haven't told Max yet. I want it to be a surprise.

Yesterday Krystle and I put up the Christmas tree with a bit of help from Max and Tim. Krystle also decorated the living room and wrapped all of my presents. I swear she is the best woman in the world for my brother. I hope he smartens up and marries her soon!!

Here is the tree

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Max and his tower

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Alex watching TV

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


And a video of Alex cooking for Krystle and Bill (just like daddy)
Watch Video Here
I can't get the video to post so you'll have to click the link.

Also, since I know some of you are curious, here is my bruise and incision about 5 days after the surgery. The bruise goes down quite a bit further, but I'll spare you a picture of that whole area ;)

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

My initials are there because I had to mark the site since they were only taking one ovary. I used permanent marker and it wouldn't wash off. It's almost gone now though.

So, there you have it. A nice little update on us. Not much else to tell from now, but I'm sure there will be lots more in December. So much going on!!

3 comments:

manda said...

Your tree looks great! Your incision looks painful!

Angie said...

Thanks Manda! It's definitely painful, but gets a little better every day. I'm not so sure about pressuring to go back to work after 3 weeks though ;). Might just take it easy for the holidays.

Debbie said...

Pretty tree and WOW that is some tower! I've never heard of having to mark yourself - were they afraid they were gonna accidentally take out the other ovary?