Monday, November 24, 2008

Another Update on my Recovery

I'm doing pretty good. They did end up sending me home on Friday morning because there was no point in keeping me since I was doing so well. I have been doing good since being home too. I'm very sore and coughing is a complete pain in the ass, but otherwise I feel ok. I'm not sleeping very good, but I think that's because I get shooting pains if I turn, and in my sleep I move alot.

Tim and I took Alex to Med Express yesterday because he has not been acting himself. Not sleeping either and I feared an ear infection. I was right (love it when that happens) so he's on antibiotics now. I'm wondering if him not sleeping had something to do with me not sleeping well too. Anyway, he's been having a hard time with me not being able to pick me up, but he is soooo cute about my belly. He keeps lifting my shirt and pulling down the top of my pants to kiss my bruise. He has pushed on me by accident a few times and that sends more shooting pains, but I'll take it over not being able to cuddle with him at all.

Max is handling it a little differently. He pretty much stays away from it. I think he's so afraid of hurting me, and to him it definitely looks scary. He said he doesn't want to see it anymore. We showed him once just so he would know it was there and be a little more conscious of jumping around me. He has been fairly well behaved lately, but somewhat whiny when we ask him to do something he doesn't want to do. I'm thinking that's pretty normal for his age so we just deal as it comes. I'm so proud of how smart he is though. Although he doesn't read yet, he can point out tons of words that he recognizes and there are always a few we had no idea he knew. He is amazing at the new computer game we got him. I wish I could track his progress better because I think he is playing games far past his age level.

Not much else to report I guess. I have pictures of my cyst and the bruise but I won't scare you with the bruise. However, I know there are people who wanted to see the cyst so I'll post it here. If you don't want to look, hurry and click away, although I'm guessing it's probably already too late ;)

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts during this time!!

This ruler is 6" long to give you an idea of what you are looking at!

2 comments:

~Emily~ said...

I love those kinds of pics! lol I have one of my gall bladder. I'm glad you're up and about. I hope your recovery goes by fast!!

Dawn said...

Lovely, looks like a perfectly healthy organ to me. ;) Crazy it's a blasted cyst!

Glad you are doing well.