Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lots to tell

First off, my cancer blood test came back negative. Woohoo!! Secondly, my surgery is officially scheduled for November 20th. I'm guessing I'll be in the hospital for 2 days and not looking forward to it at all. I don't "do" patient, but we shall see. My mom is coming down to stay with us to make sure that I have everything I need and Tim can be there for the boys, or vice versa. Hopefully Tim will be able to take a few weeks off too, but he hasn't been able to let me know yet.

Secondly, I had Max's parent/teacher conference yesterday. He is doing GREAT in school. She said he is a joy to have in the classroom, he has lots of friends, and he is very very bright. He keeps her on her toes by pointing out when she forgot something or says something wrong. Poor woman, we go through that at home too. He doesn't forget anything. He has a hard time keeping quiet during listening time, and while he raises his hand, he also starts to answer before he is called on. All things she said she is working on with him and he is getting better. I'm so proud of my little man.

Alex continues to surprise us everyday. I had to lay with Max for a few years until he fell asleep at night. I just assumed it was the same with Alex. However, I started kissing him goodnight and telling him to stay in bed and go to sleep, leaving before he was completely out. Do you know, he hasn't followed me out the door once. HUH?? Also, when we tell him it's time to go night-night, he races upstairs into the bedroom to get his jammies on. Sooooo not what we are used to. Max has always been and still is difficult to get upstairs at bedtime. Alex is a little monster at times, but when you correct him, he's like "ok" and then does what you ask. He is definitely headstrong, but for some reason so much easier to control....most of the time.

Last night was a proud moment for me as a mommy. Tim came home from work and decided to take Max outside to light off some fireworks in honor of democracy. While outside they talked about voting, the president, and stuff like that. When Max came back in he didn't want to go to bed until we knew who the president was. He ended up going. I asked him questions regarding the "talk" from last night and he came up with all the right answers. I was impressed. Hopefully with the next election he can become a little more involved since he'll be that much older. I was also proud of Tim for thinking about explaining this country and the way it runs to a 4 year old. The thought never even crossed my mind.

Hmm, what else. My dad had another heart cath last week because he has been having chest pains. His main artery on the bottom side of his heart was 95% blocked and he never would have survived a heart attack. Silly man for keeping quiet for so long. Hopefully now he understands the importance of speaking up sooner when he doesn't feel right. Fortunately they were able to get in and place a stent before anything bad happened. We love you dad!! Please take care of yourself.

I guess that's about all I've got. I feel like there was more, but now my mind is drawing a blank. I'm sure I'll be back if I can think of some more!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

How scary with your Dad! Glad he is doing ok.

Awesome on your cancer test being negative!

Ahhh, Alex is such a good boy ;)