Sunday, November 16, 2008

4 days and counting

Til my surgery that is. My mom and dad will be here Wednesday night because they want to be here to help me out. My mom of course would like to be at the hospital and I'm sure it's killing her that she can't be in the OR. I know everything will go well, I just hope I'm healthy afterwards so my doctor lets me go ASAP. I do NOT like being a patient!! I am figuring it will be Saturday morning before they release me though.

Tim and I totally purged the house today! It was awesome. I started on the main level yesterday and we continued with the basement today. I threw out 3 bags of garbage yesterday alone and I know Tim did at least one more when he hit the computer desks last night.

Today it was the toys. We tossed several more garbage bags and loaded up the back of my van with stuff I plan to try to sell to Once Upon A Child. Whatever they won't take is going to Goodwill. I just want it out of the house. The basement looks so much better now, and it will be much easier to clean up when the boys make a mess. Not to mention there isn't nearly as much for them to make a mess with! I'm hoping to hit the bedrooms tomorrow, but that'll depend because we have some errands to run. Dropping off the junk and over to the bank. We are finally putting all of our money into one account. It's been in the works for a long time, but Tim had to do some paperwork to cancel his checking before his checks would deposit into OUR account. Now we'd like to open a second savings so we can each have a little of our own play money, and maybe an account for each of the kids. We'll have to see on that one though. I need my credit card to get changed over to my new last name and he needs to get an ATM card. Should be loads of fun.

As for updates on the boys, Alex is a crazy man! He has not been sleeping well lately which means I don't sleep well either. So not fair!! Tonight he and Tim had a wrestling match. I wish the camera would have been nearby so I could video it for you all. He seriously acted possessed. How he did not break a bone with all the jumping and flipping he was doing I will never know. He got a huge red mark on his neck when Tim accidentally close lined him with his hand and even that didn't stop him. At one point he started screaming (with a smile on his face) just for fun which was pretty funny, yet annoying at the same time.

Max is Max. He has been begging to play Tim's computer game all the time for weeks now. Tim finally got smart and found a kids game to replace it. For anyone with computer savvy kids, I highly recommend it. It's from Jump Start and it's 3D World or something like that. He creates his own character and then gets to roam his "world." That's the part he likes best about Tim's character. Along the way they give you "quests" and as you accomplish them you get gems and can buy cool things with the gems. The "quests" are learning games so it's great from every angle. He is soooo smart it makes me ill sometimes. He plays the Kindergarten level and I have no doubt that he could probably do at least the 1st grade level. K is pretty easy for him but it does help him acquire gems much faster that way and I know he likes that.

Well, True Blood is about to start so I have to run. Date night with Timmy! Sundays are my favorite!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang,
Hope you had an Awesome date night! I'm glad that we have been able to keep in contact through our various means of communication. Hope all goes well with the surgery, I will be thinking of you and praying for you! We're gonna have to plan a visit one of these days, maybe meet in between!

TTYL,
Tiffany

Debbie said...

Busy busy! Good job on the purging! That computer game sounds fun; i'll have to look for it for the boys!

Kelly said...

Good Luck with everything Angie! It's nice that your parents will be there to help out! I'll be thinking of you!!

Renee said...

Angie I hope your surgery goes well and that you get to come home fast. Way to go on purging everything. That always feels good.

Angie said...

Thank you all!! It means a lot to know you are thinking of me. I'll have my laptop at the hospital so I can update from there!

Dawn said...

Good luck Angie - I'm sure you'll be happy when this week is over.

Shannon said...

Are they going to perform it laparoscopically? I had laparoscopic surgery 6 weeks ago and went home the same day. When they say don't lift anything for 6 weeks they mean don't lift anything! I'm glad your parents will be with you. Take care of yourself and don't go back to work to soon. - Shannon

Angie said...

Thanks Dawn!

Shannon- I forgot you had this done recently. Mine won't be laproscopic. The cyst is WAY too big. I'll have a regular c-section incision at the bikini line. 6 weeks of recovery, 2 weeks at least before I can drive, ah, the fun. I'm looking forward to not having to work nights, but I'm going to go crazy cooped up in the house last long. I'm hoping I can get my doc to let me go back to work after 3 or 4 weeks. We shall see how I feel.