Friday, August 22, 2008

Random Stuff

Today is our two week anniversary! Yay!! We made it this far, haha! I found a bunch of pictures on my camera last night when I was uploading Max's first day of school pics so I thought I'd come share some of those in addition to telling you about Max's first day.

I took the night before off so Tim and I could both be there to drop him off. He was pretty excited about going and didn't really seem apprehensive at all. I'm thinking it was definitely harder on me than it was on him. Anyway, we parked at the school and took him in. I got a few pictures of him walking in, and then another by his hook where he keeps his lunch box and backpack. He also has a bin to store his napmat although they don't take naps...just a rest. We took him into the classroom where he went straight to the morning circle. Tim had to chase Alex around while I dropped off all the last minute paperwork. When I went to tell him goodbye all I got was a smile and a "see you later." No hug, kiss, or anything like that. Isn't he supposed to be scared? Or sad?? Guess not :(

Here he is with Alex just before we left the house



And walking across the parking lot


At his hook



And in circle time



Such a cute kid!! Too bad he's growing up so fast. When I picked him up that first day he said he had a great time and that he made a lot of new friends, but wouldn't name any names or give me any details. He did say that he learned a prayer and talked about Jesus. He is so cute when it comes to Jesus. Must be because he doesn't get any of that info at home, but he is VERY interested!! I'm sure it will make Nana very happy! He did mention that he missed his friends at Starz and couldn't wait to go get Alex so he could see them. He was NOT happy that they were in music class and I wouldn't let him interrupt. He did get to see them all yesterday though and he was so excited!! Lots of hugs all around.

The awesome news is that Connie, the director, said that they can be my backup, keeping him at winter and spring break as well as next summer. I know he'll love that!! When he was crying about missing his friends I asked him if he wanted to quit "Jesus school" (as he calls it) and go back to Starz. He was like, "Heck no!! I just miss them, I don't want to leave my school." He told Tim last night that his new best friend is Zack. That's the first name he's given although he did say he knows everyone's names.

I guess that's about it for school news. Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks!

Video of Max helping daddy make breakfast



The boys when they were both sick



Alex wearing mommy's shoes



The ring bearers



Naptime



Rehearsal


I guess that's about all I have for now, as if there aren't enough pictures. Just wanted to do a quick check in since I haven't updated in awhile. My goal now is to spend the rest of the day picking up the house and finishing the laundry that I started when we got home from the wedding. Talk to you soon!

9 comments:

manda said...

the boys are so cute...you can tell they are best buds...trev is mad...Mommy you dont wet me cwack de eggs...

Angie said...

Aww!! I wouldn't let him either, but Chef daddy likes to get the kids interested in the kitchen. I don't even like cracking eggs cuz they are slimey ;)

Heather said...

I know I have already said this but how cute is Max next to his hook. He just looks so proud! Love all the pictures and I love the one of you and the boys. Very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Just saying "hi". I love the pics as usual. I can't believe how big the kids are getting.

Miss you,
Tiffany

Autumn said...

How often does Tim wear socks & crocs?

The boys are too cute! Isn't it awful how we want them to be a little sad?

Angie said...

LOL Autumn, it's not actually a normal occurrence for him. I have no idea what he was thinking that day (other than it was chilly) and I bet he never thought people would be taking pictures ;)

Tiffany, when are you starting your blog???

Debbie said...

I have to say it. GET OVER YOUR WEDDED BLISS!!! LOL. Damn you lovebirds making me sick....2wk anniversary, what?!! LOL

hahah, I didn't even notice Tim's foot fashion until Aut said something - that's funny right thar.

I wouldn't let Caige crack the eggs either - bad mama! It is a little funny that Max can't handle a gooey mushy ceral but can handle slimey eggs, lol

Love the pics

Angie said...

Ok, the wedded bliss thing is more of a joke. Don't think we are all mushy, cuz we aren't!!

As for letting Max crack eggs, I only videoed it. I would NEVER have let him do that myself. I don't like doing it. I have no idea what ever made Tim attempt it, but for whatever reason it doesn't make Max gag!

Kelly said...

In Tim's defense they ARE short socks. Hope you are well. I need to give you a call so we can catch up. Since I don't blog here so much anymore there is one on my myspace you should read. I am sure you can relate. (Hint...we took our first visit to the ER.)xxxoooKelly