Tuesday, August 5, 2008

3 Days and counting!

I had Alex in the ER last night. His crying at night was getting worse and had lasted 4 nights. Tim took him to the pediatrician yesterday and they couldn't find anything wrong with him. He started up with the screaming again last night though so I called the ped on-call. Luckily it was his doctor!! The doc said to take him in because it could be a blockage or something with his belly since that was his complaint and of the way he was acting. They did bloodwork, tested his poo for blood, started an IV and did a belly x-ray. NOTHING!!! Fortunately his bloodwork was fine, but the x-ray looked ok too, with maybe a small amount of constipation. Odd, since he's been going, but whatever. Once the IV was in he fell asleep for about 2 hours. It was very peaceful for me to watch him sleep. They discharged us shortly after with instructions only to try a stool softener if I thought he needed it.

Once we got home he fell almost immediately to sleep and stayed that way until 6:45. Pretty much sleeping in for him. Max slept in too which was nice. I guess he's fixed now. Still don't know what was wrong, but he definitely acted more like his self this morning and got some decent sleep for the first night in 5 days. If only I could say the same thing for me. Lucky also that it was really slow at work and I got canceled or it would have really been a bad situation!

As for the wedding, I have pretty much done everything I can do here except pack to head to MI. As soon as I finish up here I'm heading out to go tanning. Then home to do laundry, shower, and pack. I'm hoping to be on my way to pick up the kids by 2:30ish. Can't go any sooner because of naptime but I also don't want to be on the road too late.

Tomorrow will probably be hectic. Picking up the marriage license, picking up Norma and Donna at the airport, working on favors, and all sorts of other fun stuff. I can't wait!

I'm outta here for now, but I'll have my computer with me so I'm sure I'll be checking in throughout the week!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

YAY!!! How fun. The wedding part not the ER part. Sorry the little guy wasn't feeling well.