Friday, August 24, 2007

Kids and the things they say

3 year olds crack me up sometimes, although not always in a good way. I asked Max to play with Alex this morning. I told him Alex loves his big brother and wants to walk and talk so he can play and keep up with him. Max's response was "I don't want to play with him. When I don't want him anymore I can just drown him and then go to the hospital and get a sister." UGH! I told him he should never want anyone to drown because that means dying and it's forever. He's been talking about drowning alot since we started swimming this summer, and "killing" because he saw some cartoon talking about it on TV. I need to watch what he's watching more closely I guess. Anyway, after we had our talk about him being mean to his baby brother and how it's not nice to want people to die, he said we'll go to the hospital and give Alex back. But then we'll get the same Alex we just had and a sister! He slays me!! So funny and innocent sometimes. I told him if he wants a sister that bad he just needs to talk to his daddy cuz daddy says "No more babies!"

Oh, and I was so busy yesterday I completely forgot to mention, but we finally have a contract on our house! Took long enough. They guy is offering full asking price but wants us to pay $9000 in closing. We decided to take that in case no one else were to make an offer, but it sure puts us in a tight spot needing to come up with a ton of money in order to sell. We shorted ourselves on the asking price too to be competitive with our price. Thankfully I should be able to cash out my retirement from Marriott, we'll just have to figure out where to get a few thousand extra.

I'm going to South Bend this weekend to see Tim and we have an appointment for Monday with the realtor there to look at houses. Hopefully we can get a loan pre-approved quickly and make an offer somewhere. I'd like to close in both places around the same time so we can get everything moved! I can't begin to tell you how excited I am that we will be living in the same state again, and the same house at that! Yay!!!

Kids are fussing now so I guess I have to cut it short here. I'll update as we go along though and let you know when we find a new house.

No comments: