Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back home again

and Tim is giving me crap about being a bad blogger so I knew it was time to get in here and post again.

In addition to being a maniac climber, Alex gets into everything. I have to keep rearranging my mom's living room as he gets taller and can destroy more things. His newest victim is the telephone stand. I finally had to move the phone itself because he keeps unplugging it. My calm, laid back baby has become a monster. He doesn't have the energy level that Max had/has, but he sure does get into more. "They" say that every kid is different and boy is that true. Sometimes he does the cutest things though. In addition to shaking his head no when he doesn't want anymore to eat, or when he does something wrong, he will also say "Na Na Na" which I assume translates to No No No. It cracks me up. Max was two before he learned that word. I consider it the first word for Alex.

Max is hilarious lately too. He just gets smarter and smarter. Sometimes I worry that he'll be too smart for certain aspects of school, but behind in areas such as listening and sitting still. Either way, I think he's going to have a tough time, either being bored or in trouble. He amazes me daily with his new stories and antics though. He is so looking forward to preschool, and I hate to tell him, but that might get put on hold. First off, I still don't have the kids medical records. They should be here any day, but they have not arrived yet. Secondly, I'm homesick as all heck and I think I'm going back to Virginia. At least for a few weeks.

We had someone look at the house on Friday evening and she loved it. Her husband is out of town until next Sunday though. According to their realtor, they want to get him in there ASAP if it is still available. I'm hoping that means good news, and if they do put an offer on it, we'll take it as long as we can. It also means I'll just head back to VA to get packing up the last few things and hang out there saying goodbye for real this time to friends and neighbors. My friend Laura has recently had a baby that I want to meet. My neighbor Kelly has a daughter Alex's age that I'd like to see again as well. Plus, I just miss everyone and it's making me crazy. I know I can't go for too long because I've grown accustomed to seeing Tim every few weeks, but it feels like the end of this limbo might finally be coming. At least I hope so because I don't know how much longer I can go on living in a different state.

We are going to South Bend on Saturday so I'm quite looking forward to that. Tim has to work odd days this coming week, but we'll manage. I just need to be with him right now, and I think the kids do too. My mood has been horrible and I'm sure its rubbing off on everyone. There are almost no hours to pick up at the hospital and my baby sitter is going back to school anyway so now seems like a good time to get away for awhile.

I'm sure there is more that I'm missing, but I'm getting really tired and both boys are sleeping. You'd think I would have learned to sleep when they do, but I just like my "me" time. If I get to bed now, though, I might just get 7 hours tonight!! Talk to everyone soon!!

No comments: