Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I don't want to work today

I was dumb enough to take call last night and it was horrible. One new person and one per diem (me who is also new) for a whole bunch of stuff that we should not have had to deal with without more help. Obviously they were short, but I just didn't feel safe and neither did the girl I was working with. I only have to go in today for 4 hours and I hope it's better!!!

Other than work I don't have much new to report. Alex has been cranky as all get out so I'm trying to keep him as happy as possible. I'm guessing it's a combo of having a cold and teething, but he doesn't want to nurse or take a bottle very well. He is whiny and doesn't like me to be out of his sight. Man does that get tiring. Max has been good though. Or at least pretty good. He's still 3, but he has been great about entertaining himself or trying to play with Alex.

Did I mention Alex is a climber? I know I have! In addition, he's also not afraid to just go over the edge of things to get down. This has cause many falls from the couch and bed, and still he does not learn. It is getting harder and harder to keep two eyes on him but I think he'll live! He has also taken to screaming at the top of his lungs. When you don't do what he wants, he'll stand there with a hurt look in his eyes and just screech! It's ear piercing. Definitely a goal to stop that ASAP.

Well, not much else to talk about so I'm signing off here. I'm sure I'll be back again tomorrow!

No comments: