Monday, September 3, 2007

I'm such a slacker

But kinda with good reason! We were with Tim at the hotel all last week. I actually got online one day and started to post, but got interrupted and never made it back. It was a hectic week with looking at houses, keeping the kids entertained, and all that fun stuff. We accomplished alot though.

The week prior we got an offer on our house in VA. We accepted it and are supposed to go to closing on September 28th. While in Indiana we looked for new houses there. We saw 10 and by the end of the day they were all running into one another where we had a hard time remembering what house had what. We picked our two favorites though and that evening drove through the one neighborhood. Of our top favorite that is. Lots of kids in all ranges of ages and it just seemed peaceful. Hopefully plenty of people our age that we can make friends with. The next day we scrambled to get our financing paperwork together so we could get a pre-approval. I knew there would be no problem, but we wanted it in hand when we made the offer. By Thursday afternoon we were sitting down to write the contract. Shortly after we finished I jumped in the truck with the boys and drove to VA.

Friday morning when I called Tim to let him know we made it ok, he was able to tell me that they accepted our offer and we will now be owning our own, single family home! Woohoo!! Lots more to clean, but it's big and beautiful!!

Backtracking a little, we went to Navy Pier in Chicago the Sunday I got down to see Tim. Max and Alex both had a blast. We just walked around and looked at things in the morning, but then we headed for the children's museum. Tons for both of the boys to do so even Alex didn't get stuck in the stroller all day. I have pictures, but they aren't even on the computer yet so I'll get them up eventually.

Since being back in VA we've had quite a nice time. Max has been outside playing withe the neighborhood kids and Alex is being loved on by everyone. Not to mention is little girlfriend, Evie who is only two weeks younger. Yesterday we had a big cookout with everyone and it felt just like old times! The next few weeks might be rough with everyone going back to work and the kids going back to school, but we'll figure it out. I plan on staying until Tim can come down to meet with the movers and get us out of here. Probably some time around the 20th.

I have lots of friends to see so I'm hoping that will keep us busy. I want to take the boys to their old daycare as well just to see their friends! I'm sure Naila misses them even if they are a handful!

So, that's about all I have for right now. I expect Alex to wake up any minute and Max is patiently awaiting me downstairs to play some pretend game or another. I'll hopefully be around a bit more now that I have internet again!

No comments: