Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I cant' believe it's been almost a week

I could have sworn I updated more recently. Well, here I sit in the hotel room waiting to close on our house. 36 more hours, but I can't sleep. I fell asleep with the boys around 7:30 and now that I'm awake I feel like I've had enough for the night. NOT!

Anyway, things went rough with the movers this weekend. The packers were great, but the movers were sent to Bristol instead of Bristow which is about an 8 hour difference. Luckily he caught it early and they arrived by noon. All of the boxes got packed up not really time for the furniture considering one of their guys decided to take off half way through the day. The two who were left said he was young and just not cut out for the travel involved. Saturday they were supposed to be back bright and early because I had cleaners coming at 10. The snag that day was getting a shuttle truck (smaller moving truck) to fill and not have to drive the big truck around. The place they had to get it from didn't open until 9 and the person opening it showed up late.

Basically the cleaners agreed to come back in the afternoon and I was really grateful for that. They finally loaded the small truck and were off to unload and go to the storage unit. Tim and I had errands to run and people to say goodbye to, so we left quickly after the truck did. We spent far more time at our old hotel than I had planned and were very late getting back home that evening. We had a really nice little get together planned with the neighbors and I wanted to be able to enjoy our last night and say goodbye. Alex had other plans though and was up much of the night with stomach issues. Once we gave him some Maalox he was good to go and slept great.

Sunday was a little smoother, but again, we were way behind on what we wanted to get done. We had planned on being on the road by 10am, but at 10 we still hadn't left for brunch at Ash's restaurant. I believe that it was a little closer to 3 or 3:30 before we got on the road. With the exception of Jay and Kelly who were gone, we got to say goodbye to the neighbors I will miss the most! I just don't know that we'll be able to find anyone around here that we like and get along with so well.

Today was better. I had an interview at Elkhart General Hospital at 12:30 so Tim and I decided to drive by the new house on our way and test out my drive. It'll be less than 15 minutes which is awesome. While in my interview he took the boys to a park and then just drove around while they slept. The Maternity Services portion of this hospital was probably the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Much nicer the most hotels in my opinion. I really hope to get the job, but I think it went well today so hopefully I know in a day or two.

After the interview we came back to go swimming with the boys. Max is such a little fish and doing so well!! Alex just loves the water. Tim had him going under several times until I said he needed a break to dry out. He didn't seem to mind at all though. Dinner at Max & Erma's and then home for bed. It hasn't been too eventful. The next few days should get more exciting.

We close on the house Wednesday so the boys and I will probably head there to drop off toys and run around! See where we want to put stuff and things like that. Thursday my friend Debbie is supposed to be coming and so is the mover with our stuff. The way last weekend went, I'm not holding my breath. Tim's mom is coming Friday because she misses the boys and wants to help unpack. It should actually be a decent weekend for me to get a bunch of stuff done. My parents are waiting a few weeks to come down, but I'm ok with that because it means that uncle Rusty can come too, and maybe Bill will make the two hour trip.

K, almost 2:30 and I am getting sleepy now. I'm having restless leg issues and I think that must be calming down because now I'm just ready for bed. I shall talk to you soon and I will post pictures of the new house in a few days!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Welcome to the midwest :)

Dawn said...

We are technically neighbors now! I hope the moving in is less eventful than the moving out!