Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Just a little update

The kids aren't getting any better!! Alex's sleep issues have gotten a ton better since we came back to Virginia, but with teething he has been a miserable mess. I don't think I got 3 hours of sleep last night total because he was up fussing and obviously in pain. He finally crashed sometime between 5 and 6 and slept until 8:30. I wish the darn teeth would just pop through already. It seems like he's going to get at least 6 all at once because his gums are a swollen mess.

Max and eating...Hmm, not sure what to say about it. I can't get him to eat much of anything. I keep offering foods I know he likes, but his answer is always "I'll tell you when I'm hungry" but that time never comes. I've resorted to taking away milk except for at bedtime and even that hasn't helped make him any hungrier. I know he won't let himself starve, but I just wonder how long he can go eating nothing more than 2 bites of chicken and a small cup of yogurt.

As for the houses, everything is falling into place. With the exception of signing power of attorney paperwork so we don't have to be at the closing in VA, everything here is done. In Indiana we are just waiting for the radon test and whether or not they can close on the 24th. If those three things fall into place in the next few days we are good to go. I keep waiting for the ball to drop on me. I am soooo desperate for us to all be back together again it's almost too good to be true.

Anyway, now it's just a matter of making the calls to turn off/on utilities, transfer internet and phone, and stuff like that. I also need to get my insurance transfered so we have home owners insurance and my car tags are about to expire in Virginia. That will be the first thing I take care of when I get to Indiana. Lots to do and no motivation to do it. That or I need the address first and I hate to start using it for fear of jinxing things.

Well, I'm tired and the kids are sound asleep so I should head to bed too. I was going to take a nice long bath tonight, but after no sleep last night I decided that was more important. I'm sure I'll be back soon!

No comments: