Thursday, September 6, 2007

Another day alone

I must sound really pathetic with that title. It has just been one of those days. Not all bad, but the closer we get to moving and being a family again, the more it bothers me that we aren't already there. I had my interview today and all I wanted to do was call Tim and tell him about it. He's busy though so I had to wait and that just made me feel poopy! Not that he was too busy for me, but because I just wanted someone to share it with.

Anyway, on to better things. My interview went very well. She asked me to call her and set something up as soon as I knew when I would be in town. The hospital seems to run almost exactly the way BRMC was as far as Women's Health so at least it will be somewhat familiar to me. Basically, I start out training in GYN surgical patients and mother/baby couplets. After that training I have to specialize in either Labor and Delivery or NICU. Since I've always wanted to work L&D anyway, this is the perfect situation for me!! About an hour after the phone call I got an e-mail from the HR person I've been talking with. She reiterated that everything went well and they'd love to have me come in person as soon as I'm in town. I'm thinking this will definitely be my next job! I'm really looking forward to getting back into full time work.

The kids today were my other headache! Alex slept for two hours this morning. Completely unheard of for him because up until about a week ago he never slept more than 45 minutes. That got me all excited, only to have him pretty much skip his afternoon nap. Fortunately he was good while I was having my interview. He did go down for about 30 minutes, but woke up cranky and stayed that way for the rest of the night. Max doesn't have sleep issues, he has eating issues. I can't get that kid to eat anything. Literally!! I offer breakfast, he tells me he'll let me know when he wants something. Then I offer lunch. Nope, still not hungry. I even told him he can't have anymore milk until he eats. Nothing but water and he still doesn't care. Finally at dinner he at a little Mac N Cheese. How long can he go on like this?? I'm sure it's completely normal for his age and pickiness level, but it's driving me insane! Alex is such a good eater so at least Tim can't say I screwed them both up ;)

After dinner we headed outside for a much needed break from the house. There were a few neighborhood kids out so Max had someone to play with and that was good for both of us. He didn't want to come inside, though, even after he was the only one left. GRR! I enticed him with a bath. I was inside trying to clean up dinner dishes and talking to Tim on the phone. The next thing I know I hear water running upstairs. The silly goof turned on the cold water and was trying to fill the bathtub, without stopping the drain first. It was so sweet of him to try to help though. I tossed him in first and then got Alex naked and in the water. It was a little too deep for him and he ended up dunking himself about 3 times before I finally had to yank his butt out. He loves the water so of course he screamed bloody murder, but tough! It's too hard to have them both in there when I'm by myself.

Right now they are both sound asleep and nice and squeaky clean, just the way I like them. I should have taken a bath myself afterwards to relax, but I was too afraid the water running would wake Alex so I've been watching TV and messing around on the computer instead. I should go to bed, but I just don't feel like it yet! Two more days until our home inspection and all I can think about is that I hope it goes well. I fear that there is something wrong with the house that will stop us from being able to buy it and that would just about crush me. I'm also pretty jealous. I'm having a hard time remembering what the house looks like because we looked at so many, but Tim gets to be there for the inspection so he can scope the whole place out. That also means that come moving time, he'll know where he wants everything and I won't be able to plan my arguments in advance. How unfair is that?? Haha!

Alright, I'm sure I've bored you enough by now so I'll head to bed. I'll be back though!!

No comments: