Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday to me!

I turned 32 yesterday and I am so excited about that. I've never much liked being odd numbers so yesterday marked a good turn. Last year was not the greatest. Living apart from Tim sucked, Alex in the ER with the aqua dot scare, not liking working nights, and on and on. This year is going to be much better!!! I'm also getting married in one month and I'm more excited than ever.

Yesterday Tim and I went and applied for our marriage license. We also rented his tux, ordered Clay's and went to meet with the pastor who is going to marry us. He is a huge UofM fan so we liked him immediately. He asked why we waited so long to get married and obviously I had to defer to Tim. He had me sweating bullets for a few minutes that the pastor might decide not to marry us, but in the end his honesty won him over and he is glad that we are finally doing this. He has already sent me a copy of the ceremony so I can make programs and I really think its going to be beautiful. We also met with my mom when she got out of work to order flowers. My bouquet changed alot from what I had originally planned, but I love what I decided to go with. I really think this is going to be an amazing wedding considering it was supposed to be small and intimate.

Today I slept most of the day. Much needed sleep since I've been sick, going to bed late, and the kids getting up early. We had to wake them up for school this morning which is completely unheard of. I think staying up late on the drive home helped, and neither of them budged when we got home and carried them to bed last night. I'm sure playing in the pool with their cousins and grandma's house helped a little too. They were both so well behaved all weekend, including on the 4th.

Speaking of the 4th, I guess I never wrote about that either. Tim went out and bought a ton of fireworks. The big ones are legal in IN and we've never been able to have such cool ones before. Two of the neighbors also went in together and bought tons more. We had a very nice cookout with Dave, Cindy, and Alli, as well as Cindy's sister, and another couple from the neighborhood. Both kids stayed up later than they ever have before, but they really were good. Until Max's meds wore off and he wouldn't sit still that is. He drove me kinda crazy, but I know he had fun and that's the important part. It was an awesome 4th of July that's for sure. I hope we can repeat it for years to come.

I have tons of pictures on my camera right now that I need to post, but I need to jump in the shower so we can go get the kids. I'll try to get to that tonight if I can. I'm back to work for 5 nights in a row though, so I may take a nap instead. We shall see. Look for them though because they'll be out soon!

Hope everyone had a great holiday and I promise to come back soon!!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Only you would not like prime numbers and your last name is going to Prime in a month! 31 was the perfect age to get married. Your next prime number is 37!

Glad things are going well and you had a nice 4th.

Angie said...

LOL, leave it to the teacher ;) I never would have figured that one out on my own, but it makes sense. I'm not waiting another 5 years though. Too funny about the last name/math tie in too!

manda said...

HAPPPPPPPYYYYYYYY BIRTHDAY!