Saturday, July 12, 2008

Old News....but

Wednesday I got to take a nice little trip to the pediatrician with Alex. Daycare called me just before noon to say he was crankier than normal and not really using his left arm. All I could think of was the 2nd degree sunburn that he has on his shoulders, or the fact that he slept all screwy on our pillow the night before. I went to pick him up and realized it was probably worse than I thought. He wasn't using it at all, screamed when you touched it, and flinched any time I tried to pick him up. I took him in. The doctor initially thought nursemaid's elbow (dislocation) but he wasn't acting exactly like that. She did x-rays just in case and the x-ray definitely showed that it was dislocated. She did the maneuver that they do to put it back into place. It didn't pop like it should have, but darned if he wasn't grabbing for stuff and moving around like normal the instant she finished. I'm happy that experience is over. The only problem is that now that its happened, its more likely to happen again in the future. Still no idea what happened. It could have been someone wrestling with him at diaper change time, him falling on the playground, any number of things. All I know is that I hope it was a fluke and I never have to go through seeing him in pain like that again.

In other news, I got canceled once this week and was able to volunteer myself off another night. AWESOME!! The only problem with that is now I have to burn some vacation time. I guess it's worth it though. Especially having last night off since Tim worked all day today and I have to go in tonight.

Tomorrow after I wake up we are heading to IL to see Debbie, Dawn, and Heather!! Heather moved to PA just before we left the DC area so we haven't seen her in ages. It's going to be a fun time. I just wish all the rambler girls could be there! You can be sure I'll have plenty of pictures from this trip! When I get home I'll have to work 4 nights straight again, including the weekend. I don't mind all in a row like that, its actually easier, but I sure hope Tim can be off next Saturday so I can get some sleep!

Wedding plans seem to just be getting more and more solid. I still haven't talked to the DJ, but Russ talked to him last night and he's still planning on being there. My awesome cousin Jody has already wrapped the silverware so we don't have to worry about that last minute and Tim's mom has been picking up cute little decoration stuff whenever she sees something cute and cheap! It's going to be awesome. The only detail I sorta forgot was video. I'm hoping I can talk my brother Rusty into doing something, even if its just on his camera and we upload it to the computer. I'm not sure any of us has a decent camcorder, but I would love to have something to share with my friends who are unable to make it. Less than 4 weeks and counting! I can't wait!!

Hmm, one other thing I forgot. Alli, our neighbor and babysitter, is having surgery in Chicago on Tuesday of next week. She has scoliosis and it needs to be fixed so they are putting rods in her back. Please pray for her if you think about it!! I'm sure everything will go well. We are counting on her feeling well enough to come to the wedding and help out with the boys. She won't be able to pick up Alex, but if we can get him ok with that, she will be an amazing help! I'd much rather it be someone the boys love and trust than a stranger they probably wouldn't listen to. Here is Alli's caringbridge website in case you'd like to visit. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/allisonkapica

I guess that's about all I have for now. I need to get Max to bed so I can take a nap before I head off to work for the night. Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

can't wait to visit with you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ang,
Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I miss you! I'm sorry to hear about Alex, that must have been very hard to watch. Sydney is by far my most energetic/into everything child, just like Alex. But they are so much fun, I get upset and then she does something cute and I just melt. I cant wait to hear about the wedding. Have a save trip and good visit.

Love ya,
Tiffany