Monday, June 9, 2008

Single mom to an only child??

At least for the next 2.5 days. Woohoo!! We were supposed to take Max camping tonight, but my parents stopped by on Saturday and decided to just take him back with them. He didn't even call yesterday to say he missed me. I'm so sad!!!! I'm sure it's good for him though, and I did talk to my mom who said he is doing great.

Tim also left this morning for Cleveland for a training session. The only good news this brings is that I can't work because I have to be at home at night with Alex. I'm off til Thursday night and then off again for more than a week. Next weekend we'll go to pick Max up, and stay camping for the weekend. A huge father's day dinner is planned for Saturday and then we'll head home Sunday. Tim leaves Monday morning for Washington DC because his old hotel, Wardman Park, asked him to come help out for the week. He'll be gone until the next Sunday. I hate being alone with the kids all the time. I don't do single parenting very well, but I'm sure we'll manage just fine. First off, the kids will still be going to school, and I have a ton to do to get ready for our yard sale that is the weekend of the 20th and 21st. The house is also trashed so there is plenty of picking up to do. Guess I should get started on that tonight. It might take two weeks ;)

Other than that, not much going on. Invitations finally went out for the wedding, although there are several addresses I still need but Tim is dragging his feet. My mom and I went shopping on Saturday to get ideas for flowers, favors, and stuff like that. It was a very nice day and we got quite a bit accomplished. I finally feel like everything is coming together nicely and I shouldn't have to stress for the next month and 30 days.

Tim got some video the other night of the boys playing in the sprinklers. I haven't taken them off the camera yet, but I'll try to get to that tonight or tomorrow and get one posted. Having a sprinkler system is awesome though!! They love it.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I'm glad that Max is having a good time camping with his Grandparents! I hope you and Alex are having a nice time solo.