Thursday, June 26, 2008

Behind again as usual

But I have an excuse!! After being off work for almost 2 weeks because Tim was out of town I've had to work all week. I'm soooo over working nights! I love the people I work with and it's fairly easy most nights, but it's getting old to have to be up when normal people are sleeping.

Haha, speaking of normal people, my family is so not normal. Max decided to wear lined winter pants to school today. Not sure which shirt he wore, but he had a too small long sleeved one on when I picked him up. It was his third shirt of the day. Spilled water on the first and bled all over the second when he fell on the playground and smacked his nose on his knee. The worst part about this lovely outfit....it was 90 degrees outside today. What the heck was daddy thinking when he let Max out of the house dressed like that??? I'm guessing he didn't watch the weather this morning ;)

Alex was no better. No idea what he went to school in either. He decided to drink from a big boy cup today. He's done it at home and makes a mess at least half the time. Today was half that he spilled all down the front of himself. For some reason I only had long sleeves and pants there for him too so they put an extra set of clothes on him. A 6-9 month romper. It was obviously too short to button so it looked more like a dress. Very cute, very white trash. I was cracking up. They both got boo-boo reports today too. Makes me so happy to wake up in the afternoon.

In other news, there really isn't any other news. Wedding plans haven't changed much. I guess I'm just waiting for my dress to come in and all the last minute stuff to start falling into place. I'm thinking that probably won't be for another month. Just before the big day gets here. I was able to get the 4 days before the wedding off and I'm hoping for 2 or 3 after as well. And that's not using any vacation time. Woohoo!!

As a preview, and for those of you that won't be at the wedding, here is Max in his little tux


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


He looks so cute, and so goofy all at the same time. Alex's is a bit short, but I decided not to get him another one. The shorts fit great and he won't be in it all that long so hopefully no one will notice ;) This is how Max wants to look for the big day


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


And, speaking of the big day. I just remembered what his teacher told me today. He has been practicing writing his name. He's been able to do Max for a long time now. He has always been resistant to learning "Prime." Today when I picked up his papers, he not only did the Prime tracing, he wrote it on his own as well. When I told him how proud I was of him for doing that, his teacher had this to say.

"Max told me he wanted to learn to write his last name because pretty soon his mommy was going to have the same last name"

Isn't that the sweetest thing. She asked him in front of me why he was wanting to write his last name and he not only told me, he also gave me a big hug and told me he loved me. Isn't that the most adorable thing you have ever heard. I'm telling you, this kid has done a complete 180 since going on meds. I was sorta resistant at first, especially to prozac being he's so young, but he is doing so well that I know we made the right decision.

I guess that's about all I have for now. I'll try to get back this weekend if I get a chance!!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Love his little tuxedo. I'm glad that he has been doing so well on the meds. Sounds like a real turn around.

Sounds like an interesting daycare day. Too funny.

Heather said...

Love the tux & I think the sandals look cute with it! How sweet about the last name story-who knew a 4yo had so much knowledge!?

Angie said...

Thanks girls!! I'm glad you like the tux. I was afraid I would be the only one that likes it!