Friday, June 13, 2008

I get to see my (first) baby today!!

As soon as Tim gets out of work we are heading up to Gunn lake to camp for the weekend. I have not seen or talked to Max in a week. I still don't get how my not talking to him was a good thing, but at least it's finally over. I'm kinda sad that he didn't get homesick and want to come home, but at the same time I'm glad he's having tons of fun and doing ok without us. It'll make it easier the next time we need to go away for awhile and leave him with someone.

Alex is going to be so happy to see him!! This morning (trying to talk Tim into leaving work early) I had Alex chanting Max, Max, Max complete with arm motions. It was adorable!! I need to get a video of it later. Poor kid has been lost without his big brother this week.

Wedding RSVPs started to roll in yesterday. Can I tell you how excited I am about that?? And so far everyone that has responded is able to make it. That makes me even happier. I think I'm finally not feeling the stress and able to enjoy it a little. I know as it gets closer til I'll get all stressed again from the last minute items, but I have almost 8 weeks before I get to that point.

Anyone know where Alex's life jacket is?? I don't want to buy a new one, but I can't remember where we put his and he can't go on the boat without it. Hmm, who wants to explain that to him ;) He is going to HATE it!!

Surprisingly the house is pretty picked up today and I only have a few things to do to get ready for camping. I got home from work last night around 4 so I really should be napping, but I can't sleep. Trying to plan out packing in my mind so I don't forget anything. I'm sure I'll be making at least one trip to WalMart for the stuff I need. A bathing suit for me is at the top of that list. My one from last year is finally too big. YAY!!! Not by much, but my top has shrunk since then.

Not much else to talk about right now. I feel like I'm only here to ramble, but sometimes you just need to do that. Talk to everyone at the end of the weekend!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I bet the reunion with Max was great. Poor Alex missing his brother. But I am sure he enjoyed a little alone time with mommy & daddy. Glad all the plans for the wedding are coming along-I just sent my RSVP yesterday :)