Thursday, May 22, 2008

What are you doing 08/08/08?

Cuz I hope to be getting married. Hopefully I get a chance to talk to Tim about that before he reads this, but I think we can swing it if he's willing. We talked about it a month or so ago, and he was on board for a Vegas wedding as long as he could wear whatever he wanted and I planned everything. I tossed that idea out the window though because my parents couldn't be there and they reminded me that we might get a nicer "gift" if it were closer to home and people didn't have to pay airfare and hotel costs.

So anyway, I was back to wanting to get married on 08/08/08 but that was my weekend to work. Nice how I know for the whole year and can plan, right?? I was talking to a dear friend at work last night, the one who works my Fridays and I work her Saturdays. She works the weekend before me and was planning to go camping with her family in between our two weekends. I offered to take her full weekend (the 1st in August) and she'll take my whole weekend. Now if I can just get Tim to agree to take it off, we can get married!! Woohoo!! His family's reunion is the 9th so it would be a nice weekend to head up to Bay City and do it. Lots to plan and not much time to do it if he says yes so hopefully I'll find time to chat with him soon. It's hard when one of us always seems to be working lately. I'll update you as soon as I know anything.

In other exciting news, he got an e-mail asking him to come down to Wardman Park Marriott (the place that took us to DC originally) and help them out for a week in June. At first I said NO WAY!!! He would be leaving father's day weekend when we are supposed to be picking Max up from camping for a week with my parents. Then he wouldn't be back until the following weekend, but I already have concert tickets to see Kenny Chesney with my awesome friend Debbie in Chicago. Not to mention, who is going to stay with the kids while I work at night??? Just not infeasible right? Actually, I was able to swing it. I'm still hoping he can wait until Father's day to leave so we can camp for at least one night, and I'm hoping he'll get back in time for me to head to Chicago, but I don't have to work that week. Fortunately it wasn't a popular week for requests so my supervisor said it was fine to have off. YAY!!!

It'll be great for Tim's career. This is the biggest hotel he's worked for and one of the biggest convention centers on the east coast. In addition, our old GM from Westfields is there as the resident manager now. He is the one who requested Tim's help. Tim is thinking he may be thinking of Tim for the future as executive chef when the current one retires. Now, I could be totally wrong about that, but if I'm right, who wants to risk him not being able to show off his new executive chef skills!!! He is an amazing chef, manager, and employee. So, I'm letting him go in the hopes that maybe we can move back to DC in the next few years. Funny, huh, how I couldn't wait to get away from there and now I'm dying to go back. I miss my old friends terribly and I also miss my old job. Nothing here can ever compare to any of that. I do like that we are close to family, but we did it for 10 years so we can do it again. Just getting over the cost of living and traffic would be my only obstacle. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can go with him and take the kids so I can go see old friends for the week. Flying would be expensive with both kids, and we wouldn't have a car for me to get around. However, it's also a short amount of time to be gone if we are going to make a 12 hour trip by car. I guess we'll have to see. I won't hold my breath, but the possibility has me pretty excited.

Not much new to report on the home front. Alex is teething and still kinda snotty (from allergies) but Max is doing well. The Ritalin doesn't seem to work as well as it should, but it will get us by for awhile. We go back to the psychiatrist in about a month so hopefully then we can see if there is another drug that will work better, but still allow Max to sleep at night. I still have pinkeye. I'm still not totally convinced its bacterial. It seems to get worse when I spend time outside, but who knows. I quit using the drops and was using my allergy drops, but yesterday the goopy redness came back so I'm back on both drops now. I'm praying something works soon because this is miserable. How unfair to make it 31 years without the dreaded pinkeye only to come down with it now. How come no one else has it???

Grandma and Grandpa are coming to visit this weekend so I really need to get some laundry done, but I have been lazying around. I'm tired from working and not being able to sleep great during the day. Nana and Papa are up in Tawas for the weekend camping and I'm quite jealous just thinking about it. I miss childhood trips up there and how much fun Corey and I used to have. My dear friend Heather pointed out the Trace Adkins song, "Your gonna miss this" and boy is that true. There are so many things I wanted to rush growing up and now I wish I could go back and do it all again.

Ok, I'm off for now. Almost time to go get the kids and I'm still in PJs, gunk in my eyes, and crazy hair. Hopefully I'll be back with big news soon!!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Good luck on convincing Tim - that will take some quick planning but totally doable!

Damn you for possibly ditching me and Kenny. If you get back that fast you'll be exhausted and unable to party!! Let me know asap so I can fill ur ticket if you get to go ;)

Angie said...

GRR, I just found out our neighborhood garage sale is that weekend. I can't go to DC! I'm so ticked. I have so much I need to get rid of. I can still do Kenny as long as I can figure out what to do with the kids. I just might be there a little later than you guys since I'll have to close the sale around noon.

As far as convincing Tim, he's giving me a hard time, but all in fun...I think. I'll keep you all posted!

Heather said...

I hope you can get it all worked out Angie! How cool would that be to have a wedding 8-8-08?? Very good for Tim to be called to work for a week to show off his chef skills, I know I enjoyed them when I visited :)

Kelly said...

Your giving up a visit to DC for yard sale stuff? I see how it is...

Kelly said...

PS. Tell Tim his recent blogs have been AWESOME! (He seems to blog like me!)

Debbie said...

You know I was kidding right?!? I would have no problem filling your ticket if you ditch me for Kenny ;) I'll just never let you forget it! LOL.

I wouldn't let a garage sale stop you - can't Allie work your house!?

Dawn said...

Awesome news Angie! Such exciting times for you!