Friday, May 30, 2008

It's coming together...

Slowly but surely. I never imagined planning a budget wedding could be so much work. I figured since we were doing everything as cheaply as possible that it would be simple. Guess not. I ordered my dress, bought our wedding bands, hired a photographer, almost have a DJ lined up, and confirmed the site. I've also been listening to songs trying to figure out what I want to dance to with Tim and my dad. The guest list is done, most of the addresses are ready, and I have the wording for my invitations. I'm just too afraid to print them because as soon as I do something will change. As impatient as I am to get everything done it surprises me that I didn't just go with my first draft. I'm glad though, because I'm liking the current version a whole lot more. Now I just need a vacation, but there are only 2 months and a few days left to plan so I need to keep plugging on. It'll be nice once everything is set and I can stop stressing until closer to the big day.

In other news, Max had a good week at school this week. He had an appointment on Wednesday to check his blood pressure and heart since he is on a stimulant. Everything is perfect. I'm still not convinced he is on the right medication, but we'll give it a chance to work for a few more weeks and then see what his psychiatrist says when we go back.

Alex has been a nightmare. I'm guessing it's teething since there has been no fever, but he's not eating very good and sleeping horribly. Tim said even when he slept he was tossing and turning. It makes me feel bad that I'm not here for him at night, but thankful because at least I get to sleep peacefully during the day. Well, usually. This past week it was either a phone call or something everyday that kept me up. I think this was my worst week yet as far as sleep goes.

I applied 2 weeks ago for a position at a doctor's office that is affiliated with the hospital. One of the phone calls this week was HR saying that they did want to interview me. It's going to probably be a pretty big pay cut though which has me quite nervous. I already feel like things are tight enough as we keep trying to dig ourselves out of the hole we created with moving last year. However, it's only part time, probably 3 days a week, so I have the option to stay per diem at my current job and pick up shifts there whenever possible. I can pick up days if its needed, but I'm thinking one night a week would be ok. Not ideal, but better than my current situation. I'll miss having so many of my daytimes home to get things done around the house, but really, I sleep most of them away anyway so what's the difference. Keep your fingers crossed that it all works out.

Other than that, not much new to report. All I do lately is sleep and plan the wedding. I'll keep you updated, but for now I think I'm heading to bed ;)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I hope you are having fun planning your wedding! Just keep that in mind...don't stress. That's not what it's all about!:)

Heather said...

I am positive everything will come together great. Just dont stress!

Angie said...

Thanks girls!! I think you two both know me well enough though. Stress is my middle name. I'll be worried til it's over ;) I'm trying to relax, but Tim is NOT helping. He still swears he is wearing a baby blue tux with ruffles. YUCK!!!

Kelly said...

Jay said that too. That must be the standard guy joke!

Debbie said...

I cannot believe Alex is a nightmare ;)