Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm back and this will probably be long ;)

Sorry it has been so long. Lots going on and I just haven't had the time to come blog. First off, the weather was BEAUTIFUL last week so we spent a lot of time outside.

Max's meds had been doing ok, but we finally got to see the psychiatrist last Friday. He thought putting Max on Dexadrine might help with the hyperactivity where the Ritalin really only took care of the aggressiveness. Hmm, so, we gave it to him Saturday and it worked alright, but when it wore off the kid was INSANE!! He didn't go to sleep until after 2:30 am and was up at 5:30am. This drug is an amphetamine. Most people would be zinging while they are on it. Not Max, he got his energy when the crap wore off. Not cool!! So, we are back on the Ritalin, just a little higher of a dose. Yesterday was the first day for that and it seemed to go ok. He definitely slept well last night. As did Alex for that matter. It was nice!

After running Max to the psych Friday morning at 7am, I had to drop Max off at school and pick Alex up to run him to the pediatrician. He didn't sleep well the night before, was running a fever, and was just plain cranky. I had a feeling it was an ear infection. I was right, and it was in the very early stages so I got a "great intuition, mommy!" I would have felt good about that, but I would really like to think it was my awesome nursing assessment skills!

Tim has been doing tons of yard work lately and our yard is looking good. Dead branches coming down, bare grass patches growing new grass, and weeds being pulled. Not to mention we finally replaced the crazy unsafe trampoline with a new one that has spring covers and a net. Not only does it have a net, but it has a zipper opening so we can lock the kids in ;) Haha!! They love it, but they also love swinging, blowing bubbles, riding bikes, and anything else they can find to do outdoors. Tim and I have been playing frisbie together too. It's insane kind of. A few years ago if you would have asked me where I'd be today, I would have said in the house on the computer with the kids watching TV. Not a good mommy that's for sure. But we are loving all the family time we get together. Not that there is a ton, but enough to keep me happy.

Speaking of happy, I still hate my job. I despise getting up at 10pm in the evening (after going to bed at 8) to go to work. I don't mind it once I get there, but just not being at home at night drives me crazy. I applied for a position in a doctor's office, but I haven't heard anything back, and even when I do I probably won't take it. As awesome as the hours are, it's only part time and with the loss of pay on top of that I think it would stress me out way too much. Lots of people are talking about traveling, moving, whatever at work so I will just continue to keep my fingers crossed that something different opens up soon. I'd even take 7pm to 7am over what I'm doing now. We shall see.

I'm trying to think of what else new has been going on. Really not much. Just lots of outside time and working. I have been doing horrible at keeping up with scrapbooking, although I'm hoping to get a few pages done today. I keep telling myself if I can just find a groove it'll be easy enough to get going again.

Here are a few videos to leave you with..and pictures too.





















Please visit the photo/video website to see more!! There are some really good ones, but I didn't want to overload this post with all of them.

We are getting rid of the old trampoline soon. Tim is giving it to a guy he works with. We also want to upgrade the slide/swingset. The swings aren't in great shape and Alex scares me on the ladder. I want to get a rock climbing wall thing for the back and a newer slide for the front. We've also talked about getting some sort of firepit area going. The best place in the yard would be where the basketball court is, so that won't work. Unless we get one of those table firepits. Not sure about that though. We shall see. Still plenty of time to figure it out!

I promise to try to keep up better from this point on. I feel bad for staying away so long, but it's been hectic around here.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Good to see you back - love the pics!

Dawn said...

Great catch up postie! Glad you are enjoying the nice weather outside and having some fun. Hopefully you can get a shift change soon.

Jessie said...

The boys are so cute.
Hopefully they can figure out a solution to the med situation with Max.
Glad you are doing more as a family... outside.

Anonymous said...

OMG MY BABY IS GETTING BIG SO QUICK. I MISS HIM SO MUCH. HE HAS GROWN SO MUCH ANGIE SINCE I LEFT I WANNA CRY. IM GLAD EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE DOING GOOD. GIVE MY ALEX BOO A KISS FOR ME!