Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy November!

It's getting to be my favorite time of year! I love the fall and it's getting cooler each day. The leaves are almost all down from the trees in our yard too. Snow is just around the corner and I can't wait. For the first time in 9 years we might get to see some "real" snow as opposed to the snow in Virginia that lasts less than 24 hours most times. I know the boys are going to love it.

We took them both trick-or-treating last night. Alex didn't last long because it was chilly and he was hungry so I came home with him and Tim stayed out with Max. They both had a great time. I let Alex have a lollipop and Max was able to have one piece of his choice. He thinks he can eat the whole bag. I may just have to hide it on him to keep him from doing just that.

The other day at preschool Max got sent to the office twice for hitting people. He and I had a long talk about how it's not acceptable to hit his friends and if he continues to do so they won't let him come back anymore. I think that scared him because he loves going. He wasn't even fighting over a toy or anything like that. He couldn't give a reason why he did it, but I'm assuming he's feeling like he needs more attention lately. Alex's birthday (when it wasn't his) kinda bothered him, but he also hasn't been sleeping well. He goes to bed a little later than he should and he's been getting up around 6 before I leave for work. Naps at preschool are usually an hour less than at home too so I think being overtired probably contributed. In any case, he hasn't been in trouble since.

The director asked me on Tuesday if it was ok to start transitioning Alex to the toddler room. Of course I gave my ok, but I'm apprehensive about it to. His teachers love him and I know he's comfortable there. I'm sure he'll do fine, but he's at that age where change isn't as easy on him. I love that they are taking it slowly and doing a couple of hours per day until he's feeling ok. The two nap issue might hold him back for a bit too which is fine by me. I still don't want my baby to grow up so fast.

He is getting steadier day by day with his walking. Today he was caught climbing out of his crib at daycare. The little monkey!! I think I got his and Max's Halloween costumes backwards this year. He should have been the monkey and Max should have been the devil ;).

Not really much else to report. My job is going well and I only have about 2 1/2 weeks before I'm on my own. I'm looking forward to that actually. I find it hard to build confidence when I have a preceptor to lean on all the time. I tend to use them more than I should, but when I'm forced to do things alone, I know I will be ok. Plus, I work with a great group of people so I'm sure they'll be willing to help when I have a million questions.

Grandma is coming for the weekend and should be here tomorrow. Tim even said he'll probably take Saturday and Sunday off to be here with her. What a sweet son he is. I have some pictures on CD that daycare sent home but I haven't been through them yet. As soon as I get a chance I'll get them posted. School pictures will be back soon too so I'll scan those and get them on. I can't wait to see how they turned out.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Ruh Roh - I can't believe they actually send them to the office for misbehaving. That is kind of funny - like being sent the principal's office. I agree that overtiredness probably was to blame.